What's new

Converting triple foam application from pods to arms

Etowah

yudlose

Reaction score
I am wanting to convert my Vector triple foam application from the pods to the arms. I ordered the triple foam valve assembly part # 102390 like the Belanger technical guy said to, but how exactly do I install it? Are there any more parts that are necessary? I really want to do this conversion because I'm tired of the cleaning the clogged pods, but more importantly, I'm tired of the frozen lines (even with a winterized alcohol formula.)

MEP001

Reaction score
The valve assembly goes on the manifold, then the lines from the pumps go to the three inlets on the valve assembly.

Bob Koo

Reaction score
Why don't you convert your PODS to Shower Head Nozzles

If you have PODS right now, you would only to add the Showerheads with a Chamber in front of each one of them with a Scruffy Pad.

Just use the existing manifold inside of each POD, the chemical and air connections are already there.

You will use a lot less chemicals in this application versus spraying Tri Color through the arms like the Vector did when it was first introduced.

I have to agree, trying to keep the PODS clean is a nightmare.

yudlose

Reaction score
So, if I remove the existing injection block and replace it with the new setup, then all I have to do is attach the output to the Christmas tree, right? It sounds easy enough. Also, when I switch the e300 over to the timed on with three colors, what time do you guys use? Is two or three seconds too long?

Bob Koo

Reaction score
So, if I remove the existing injection block and replace it with the new setup, then all I have to do is attach the output to the Christmas tree, right? It sounds easy enough. Also, when I switch the e300 over to the timed on with three colors, what time do you guys use? Is two or three seconds too long?
I don't think it will really matter on your timing sequence since when you spray tricolor through the arms, only on color can come on at a time.

My Vectors are original and were bought before the POD option was available.
The original tricolor application was three different colors on the vehicle, but in sections, front, mid, and back. By definition that is tricolor, but you will not get the kaleidscope effect that people are accustomed to from a Tricolor application today.

BTW: track your chcmical consumption. It will be more than you think.

Hope this helps

MEP001

Reaction score
yudlose said:
Also, when I switch the e300 over to the timed on with three colors, what time do you guys use? Is two or three seconds too long?
It depends on how fast the pass is. You'll want it to go through the colors at least a couple times as it goes down the car.

Yes, you'll use more chemical, but the cost of the showerhead setup is ridiculous, and you won't have to worry about it freezing anymore.