What's new

Converting Coleman combo vac Push Button Keyboard to two switches

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I am going to convert my Coleman combo vac Push Button Keyboard to two switches, one that says vacuum and one that says shampoo. I have a schematic to do this and also bought two push button switches (same as on shampooer handle). I am going to cut out the rectangle where the PBC is ann already had some stainless cut to size to fit in this area. My biggest concern is getting a decal to cover this so it doesn't look mickey moused. If anyone has done this and has any tips, it would be greatly appreciated.

pgrzes

Reaction score
Get the coleman decal or take a picture of one and have a local vinyl shop make one for you. I just rebuilt 6 coleman combos and their decals are pretty nice and easy to install. I think I can get them done much cheaper locally.

robblackburn

Reaction score
I am going to convert my Coleman combo vac Push Button Keyboard to two switches, one that says vacuum and one that says shampoo. I have a schematic to do this and also bought two push button switches (same as on shampooer handle). I am going to cut out the rectangle where the PBC is ann already had some stainless cut to size to fit in this area. My biggest concern is getting a decal to cover this so it doesn't look mickey moused. If anyone has done this and has any tips, it would be greatly appreciated.
Hello ,
I am looking to do the exact same thing because I am in the process of removing a swipe n clean from a site. Do your doors already have bill acceptors ? I am looking to also add bill acceptors and a cryptopay credit card swipe. I am not sure if makes sense to modify current door or just purchase new door from coleman but I have not checked on the price. When you fill the space of the keypad armed you going to weld this in place or just screw it with some L brackets or something ?