What's new

convert ss bay to dog wash?

emeraldvine

Reaction score
In my hometown, they have a nice car wash and added a dog wash. It seems to do really well. I am looking at a 4 ss bay/2 automatic bay wash in a bigger city. Doesn't show a big net profit, appx 12k a year net after paying all bills including mortgage. They do not accept credit. I thought about converting a ss bay into 2 pet washes or 1 pet wash and 1 RO water dispensing area. The current owner feels that it would benefit to convert 1 of the automatic washes instead. He states that when they are busy, it is the SS bays where customers are waiting, not necessarily the auto bays. I am hesitant about all options after reading some of the threads. Some searches make it appear that it is very beneficial to convert to a pet wash. Any thoughts and suggestions much appreciated.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
It seems that when I hear of someone excited about a pet wash, it's in the planning stages. The bulk of the feedback I hear from people that actually have them...well, the excitement is gone.

MEP001

Reaction score
There are several locals who are having success with their pet washes, but they all have these things in common:

They have lots of apartments and/or homes nearby.
They have very smooth, easy-to-clean surfaces throughout, as well as good heat/AC, air filtration and dehumidification.
They're attended full-time so they can be cleaned after each use if needed.
There isn't a PetSmart nearby that lets you use their pet bathing facility for a flat $10 and supplies everything, including towels.

wasiknator

Mike W
Reaction score
I am in FL. I have it under a tree to shade during the warm summers. It is a nice add on. Do not expect to make a fortune on it, but has been a nice add in my opinion.

BBE

Reaction score
I'd spend more time thinking about why the 2 autos do little enough business that it would be worth converting one into a dog wash then I would about how to convert one....