What's new

Convert self serve to automatic

Nknjeim

Reaction score
I’ve got 6 self serve bays and looking to convert one of them to automatic.
Anyone knows a company that installs automatic wash and partner up in revenues?

Chuck Ivey

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm in Delaware and was asking because I have a buddy in New Jersey that does Rev Shares locally.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Why don't you just do it yourself? Lack of capital/funding? Just curious.

I'm in TX as well I haven't heard of anyone that does such a thing in terms of the big distributors maybe an independent company would be willing to.

mac

Reaction score
When I was actively selling machines, if someone called with a request like that I politely told them to go pound sand. The best one was a guy that had 8 locations who wanted me to put machines in all of them. I just looked at him and said, let's see you want me to put 1M worth of improvements in you business so I could share profits. Early in my career I did try this in three separate locations. All lost money.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
It's bad enough having the bank as a " silent partner". No way I'd trade off a machine and installation for a cut of profit.

This isn't Shark Tank!

Nknjeim

Reaction score
Why don't you just do it yourself? Lack of capital/funding? Just curious.

I'm in TX as well I haven't heard of anyone that does such a thing in terms of the big distributors maybe an independent company would be willing to.
I just don’t have the time and the knowledge to keep up with the maintenance and break down of the automatic wash. I’ll let the experts do it.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Depending on the model they are not that hard to keep up with. I have a softgloss Maxx and I have been pleasantly suprised how reliable it has been and when we can't figure it out Ryko's local support has been same day or next day.

Nknjeim

Reaction score
When I was actively selling machines, if someone called with a request like that I politely told them to go pound sand. The best one was a guy that had 8 locations who wanted me to put machines in all of them. I just looked at him and said, let's see you want me to put 1M worth of improvements in you business so I could share profits. Early in my career I did try this in three separate locations. All lost money.
You need a property/land and infrastructure in order to install your machine, right? That cost a lot of money especially in a prime location.
Also, from an investor point of view, if you install an automatic wash (not tunnel) in one bay, I guess you’re looking to invest $150-$200k, correct me if I am wrong. In case the automatic machine does not generate profit, then you can disassemble it and still got some values instead of losing the whole amount; your loss/exposure will be almost negligent compared to building the entire facility.

Etowah

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
I just don’t have the time and the knowledge to keep up with the maintenance and break down of the automatic wash. I’ll let the experts do it.
I believe it sounds like you need to stick with the SS bays only, not being rude just being serious. A automatic is like owning another carwash alone you have to be committed to a project like that 100% as cheap as money is right now to borrow money do it {only if your site will support it and perform maintenance yourself which it may sound like that's a issue . A properly installed and well maintained automatic can easily produce as much or more than your 6 bay SS. A 5/1 is a good setup

Last edited:

Nknjeim

Reaction score
I believe it sounds like you need to stick with the SS bays only, not being rude just being serious. A automatic is like owning another carwash alone you have to be committed to a project like that 100% as cheap as money is right now to borrow money do it {only if your site will support it and perform maintenance yourself which it may sound like that's a issue . A properly installed and well maintained automatic can easily produce as much or more than your 6 bay SS. A 5/1 is a good setup
Agree

MEP001

Reaction score
You need a property/land and infrastructure in order to install your machine, right? That cost a lot of money especially in a prime location.
Also, from an investor point of view, if you install an automatic wash (not tunnel) in one bay, I guess you’re looking to invest $150-$200k, correct me if I am wrong. In case the automatic machine does not generate profit, then you can disassemble it and still got some values instead of losing the whole amount; your loss/exposure will be almost negligent compared to building the entire facility.
When you buy, install and operate, then try to sell used an IBA unit, you'll lose 75-90% of the value of the machine. You can always go with used, but if you don't plan to do as much work on it as you can, you'll be working for whoever repairs it for you. IMO you'd be better off either turning the bay into a SS bay or renting it out to a detailer or state inspector.

STXCW

Reaction score
Most likely your bay is 26' long. so don't forget about the additional $45-$50,000 you will need to extend the length of the bay, electrical and plumbing. The last 6 bay site we added a IBA to, we had to pay an additional $10,000 to increase the electrical service. So there is a lot more to it than just the equipment cost.