What's new

Contractor

Etowah

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
Any general contractor worth his salt can build a wash.

What is more crucial is engaging an architect and civil engineer that understands requirements and nuances of designing a carwash.

TEEBOX

Reaction score
Robert is spot on!!!!!! I learned the hard way! Costing me money still after construction.

Get carwash people!

mac

Reaction score
Unless the contractor has built similar washes, and you can talk to the owners, be very careful. Finding a knowledgeable car wash salesman will be equally as important. Most of the salespeople have never owned or operated a wash. Talk to this customers also. I've sold many equipment packages over the years simply because I included a workbench and utility sink in my bid.

rongieg

Reaction score
Any general contractor worth his salt can build a wash.

What is more crucial is engaging an architect and civil engineer that understands requirements and nuances of designing a carwash.
Robert is sooo correct on this. I used an architect that had truck washing experience but assigned my project to an underling with the promise he would oversee the work. That turned out to be a crock. My lot was graded down so much that I have been pumping my drain water up hill for the last fifteen years because the architectural firm didn't account for the conveyor trench. I also have an equipment room with no floor drains. In both cases it has caused me more than a few inconveniences and dollars over the years. The only good news the architect paid dearly for the mistake.