What's new

Concrete resurfacing?

tw101212

Reaction score
Hi, I have an older style car wash that used to be a PDQ double laser wash. I think it was built mid 90"s. The concrete is stained and won't really clean up with a pressure washer.

Is there a top coating that I could apply to make it look new? What about the garage floor treatments, are any of those substantial enough to hold up?

MEP001

Reaction score
What about the garage floor treatments, are any of those substantial enough to hold up?
Short answer is no.
Is there a top coating that I could apply to make it look new?
You can put a layer of concrete on top, but there are major challenges to that.
The concrete is stained and won't really clean up with a pressure washer.
You might try a wall cleaner, or for a test get some Sno Bol from Walmart. Pour it on straight, scrub, let it soak a while, then rinse. If that doesn't remove the stains, it's unlikely wall cleaner will.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Some stuff is almost impossible to get up. Also depends on what the stain is composed of, whether it's reclaim water, alkaline scale,etc. HF-based wall cleaner would be the first thing I'd try, You can buy this as an aluminum brightener locally at some auto parts storeslike a NAPA. I'd also try a very strong degreaser/tire cleaner with butyl solvent , and finally a hydrochloric acid blend with water(a lot of toilet bowl cleaners use this). But be careful with the HC and don't use too strong or it can take the cream off the concrete.

This is what essentially what MEP said, except for the degreaser which I admit is a long shot.

sparkey

Reaction score
You could grind the concrete. Rental stores around here rent walk behind units. I had a wash that had pitted floors making it hard to clean up and rented a grinder and smoothed them up. The look much better. They use larger units where I work and polish the concrete up to look better than it was new.

tw101212

Reaction score
You could grind the concrete. Rental stores around here rent walk behind units. I had a wash that had pitted floors making it hard to clean up and rented a grinder and smoothed them up. The look much better. They use larger units where I work and polish the concrete up to look better than it was new.
I like this option! thanks!