What's new

Concern to Car Washes CLA Laundromat Forum Thread?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Larry Adamski
May 22, 2022 7:29 AM
Larry Adamski
Glenn,

My limited understanding of credit card rules is that an EMV (chip) card trumps a non EMV card reader. Any chargeback dispute will be automatically won by the EMV card user. Most credit cards today are EMV cards thus shutting off EMV card acceptance on your Fascard readers may effectively make your system inoperable. As more EMV card users discover their ability to win chargebacks; expect your losses to increase.

You may want to convert to a cash only system such as dollar coin only like I've been using since 2009. With DCO, I pay no credit card transaction fees, no Fascard maintenance fees, no IRS reporting fees, no chargbacks, no nothing. It's simple, user-friendly, owner-friendly, very low maintenance and no ongoing fees whatsoever.

------------------------------
Larry Adamski
Muskegon Laundromat
Muskegon, Michigan
Clean Show 2022 - Atlanta
Reply to Group Online View Thread Recommend Forward Flag as Inappropriate
-------------------------------------------
Original Message:
Sent: 05-21-2022 05:21 PM
Subject: CCI Fascard Chargebacks

We recently started getting nailed with chargebacks on the CCI / Fascard system via Card Connect the processor, every one of them was an EMV card being presented at a non EMV terminal so the bank automatically does a chargeback.
Over the last few months we have been getting about $2000.00 in chargebacks all for the same reason.

I called card connect who blamed Fascard for defective readers, Donita Black at Fascard blames the issuing bank, the issuing bank blames Card Connect and card connect blame CCI / Fascard.
Donita Black at CCI opened a case and closed it immidiately and again blamed Card Connect.
So the issue is that EMV cards are being presented at Fascard readers and Fascard readers are supposed to have that feature disabled, but they don't, so the EMV card issuers are doing automatic chargebacks at an alarming rate, Thousands of dollars per month.
F2 readers appear to be faulty and should not be accepting EMV chip cards, but they are, CardConnect told me the only way to stop these chargebacks is to have CCI/Fascard update their readers to stp them accepting these cards, Donits Black insists theres nothoing wrong with them and it's CardConnect, then Card Connect insits it's the bank and the bank insists its Fascard, it's a never ending circle of finger pointing and blame shifting yet it's costing thousands per month, is anyone else having this issue?

I'm looking at a possible class action lawsuit but I want to get with any others who are having these issues.
GLENN OWENS
Spinning Suds
Seal Beach CA
-----------------------------

edredtop

Reaction score
Great post.
This is why we haven't purchased the CryptoPay set up (yet).
You must purchase the card swipe reader first for $350, because that's what has the transmitter that communicates with the "coordinator" back in your equipment room/office. Only then can you add the 'tap to pay' to get a chip read... for another $350.
Now you're opened up to the problem described above.
IF there is a way around this, or something has changed recently, I would love to hear about it..

soapy

Reaction score
I loose maybe 2 or 3 charge backs a year on credit cards. Not worth fighting it at all. People spend much more when using a credit card in a SS bay vs. using cash. Not accepting CC in a bay to me seems like driving a horse and buggy instead of car.

edredtop

Reaction score
I loose maybe 2 or 3 charge backs a year on credit cards. Not worth fighting it at all. People spend much more when using a credit card in a SS bay vs. using cash. Not accepting CC in a bay to me seems like driving a horse and buggy instead of car.
What system do you use?
Here in So. Cal. theft is sport with no penalties.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
IF there is a way around this, or something has changed recently, I would love to hear about it..
The "Work around" is to accept the nominal chargebacks as a cost of doing business. Perhaps other Cryptopay users will chime in, but if I had to estimate chargebacks on an annual basis the dollar amount would be less than one tenth of one percent. 0r $1.00 for every $1000.00 charged.

OurTown

Reaction score
We went for about three years without a single charge back after installing Cryptopay. Now we usually get one per month and for some reason it seems like it is always a partial of the total ticket.

kg00273

Reaction score
Just had the first (or should I say two) disputes come in today. they were for two separate transactions a week apart on the same card. We have been running Cryptopay for almost a year. If it becomes an issue (a couple or so a month), i might have to go back to regular cash only.

The rep from the merchant account told me we are pretty much screwed in terms of us fighting it. I just hope this was a one-off event.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I have count up and have several disputes a Month-probably between 5-10? I don't waste my time disputing them. If someone feels like they've been cheated I'd give them their money back anyway. I will likley be card only within five Years.

Has anyone here removed credit cards?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Chargebacks is Credit Card Companies BS and we need a class action. Just got one for $40 EMV pay at Pump - Customer claimed "Product not delivered" Purchase was 6 weeks earlier. Pump won't work unless card approved and charge won't go thru unless product delivered. Sent in a declination of accepting chargeback. No hope to win - just cost them time. Fight them all!

OurTown

Reaction score
When you guys get a chargeback is it for the whole purchase or partial. Every time it is partial for us and not sure why. I really want to check my camera footage to see who it was but the dates are always too far back in the past.

OurTown

Reaction score
We just got another chargeback notice and this time it was pretty recent so we will have video footage. We looked into it further and this one guy has done this three times in the last few months. Mrs OurTown logged into Worldpay to dispute the latest one and got this message:

Screen Shot 2022-07-12 at 11.38.51 AM.jpg