What's new

compressor duty cycle

1carwash1

Reaction score
I was considering a Saylor Beall VT-735-60 air compressor but was told that it has a maximum of 6 on/off cycles per hour. Additionally, I was reading their specifications and if i’m understanding correctly the duty cycle is 70%. I read a number of comments on this site that recommend 100% duty cycle. From the Sailor Beall website it appears an after cooler is required to achieve a 100% duty cycle. Am I missing something here? I was ready to purchase this model compressor without an after cooler but am now reconsidering this purchase.

seven self service bays

Last edited:

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The 6 on off cycles may be more about the motor starter/motor combination. I've heard a number like that before when shopping for other high load devices, like blowers.

The main reason I shop for 100% duty cycle is hopefully ensuring that the compressor can survive a blown air line. I've come in many times over the Years to a hot equipment room and found a compressor you could fry an egg on.

MEP001

Reaction score
The main reason I shop for 100% duty cycle is hopefully ensuring that the compressor can survive a blown air line. I've come in many times over the Years to a hot equipment room and found a compressor you could fry an egg on.
Earl Weiss might still have some eggs.

mac

Reaction score
You don’t need a 100% duty cycle.waste of money. Just get a nice 3 phase with a 60 to 80 gallon tank. Many come with a starter and overload. If you run a big intake line, run it outside and most of the noise goes away.