What's new

Competing With Express Tunnel Wash

carstawash

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out a good way to compete with an express tunnel wash. We run 2 Petit in bay automatics in 2 different locations about 2 miles apart. They are planning on building a large car wash in between the 2 locations. We are considering adding monthly wash passes and loyalty programs on updated kiosks. Has anyone had any success doing this? Or am I just wasting my money?

jubalr

Reaction score
My setup is similar to SP. But they don't have to scan a QR code. MY IDX Paystation takes every popular form of payment; CC including contactless swipe and chip, Google Pay, Apple Pay, fleet cards and wash codes. My T4W app is set up as a loyalty rewards program. When they download the app for the first time and signup, they get an $8 credit to their account and every wash is $1 cheaper than the drive up cost. The points system amounts to a free wash about every 10 washes. They can also pre-buy washes in bulk for even more savings. They simply pull up to the wash and select the wash on their phone and enter.

Even though we are in a small town with multiple washes and a new express tunnel, we have grown to almost 700 members on our app. We have 2 bays with a touchless and soft touch that give an incredible clean with no film or eyebrows. 4 combo vacs that I keep cleaned out and working as they should. I'm there at least twice a day to clean and talk to customers. I answer the phone and if anyone has ANY sort of issue, they're getting a free wash! If they have they app, I can credit to their account. If they don't have the app or are a cash customer, I can issue them a 5 digit code that works the same as cash.

And in my opinion, that's how you compete with anyone...