What's new

Comment found in box today

Dirtychuck

Reaction score
I received a note today in my box that I use for comments, suggestions, problems, etc. that I give too little time for too much money so they were going to keep going to my nearest competitor.

I have a $2 startup and give 40 seconds per quarter, competitor has $1.75 startup and gives 42 seconds per quarter.

So this person is willing to drive 5.5 miles or 11 miles round trip and say they get 25 mpg @ $4/gallon = $1.75 in fuel to either save 25 cents or get 16 seconds extra time for their $2.

What an idiot.

I really hate receiving a note in my suggestion box anymore, but I feel better now for being able to vent a little.

Last edited:

Jim Caudill

Self Serve Operator
Reaction score
They're not mathmatically inclined; Most of the public isn't. I have run into similar issues with my closest competitor. He charges 25cents less to start, but then charges the same per minute. Folks actually think he is cheaper. I think I prefer it this way, I believe he gets more of the cheapskates and mudders.

MEP001

Reaction score
Jim is right, too many people see that quarter cheaper start-up and think they're getting a better deal. We're also the same with all our competition, same time per coin, one more coin to start. I quit worrying about it - I say let the other guy have 'em if they're going to be that way.

Faceonglass

Reaction score
I had a guy come in and complain about mud in my bay that he had to walk through to get back in his car.

The thing is, he was the one that washed this thick mud off his truck into the bay.

I guess he thought this mud should just wash itself down the drain.

Plow Guy

Reaction score
Hay Dirty, I charge $1. For 80 seconds, that’s my startup. My costumers like my restart time. I also use the Best chemicals I can find. Not suds & Smell but chemical clean, I use a high foaming presoak for my foam brush, ECT... Sure makes the chrome shine and the cost is minimal. On Friday the 4th, a woman in a new black SUV, told me she gets her car cleaner at my carwash then at my competitions at three times the price. My competition charges the same per minute, but uses foam brush for his high pressure. I get the I’m over priced comments to, I do not offer bonus minutes , but dollar for dollar, for a clean car, I’m cheaper. One good comment out weights three bad