What's new

combining 2 passes on Softgloss

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I had to slow down the speed on my softgloss due to rf faults.In order to make up the time I'm considering combining my prewash sideblasters and foam bath passes. I know there would be dilution issues if this were a touch free but it's not. Anybody see any problem with this idea? I would love to speed up the wash time if I can do it without compromising results. Any thoughts?

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I was getting an 07 after the foam bath (usually). My tech knew exactly what the problem was but had to slow down each pass to fix it. I have been trying to figure out a way to eliminate that first pass (high impact) for a while now. I can do it with those gatlin guns but this way wouldn't cost any money.

Bucksavage

Reaction score
Softgloss

JB,
I am total rookie with my recenlty purchased Softgloss, but while I was poking around the Code-A-Wash I noticed there is a way to slow down and speed up the machine based on the number of cars showing up. There is a time limit of some sort, if no one shows up for 20 minutes they get a slower and allegedly better wash. I am not sure if this will apply to your problem.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have already soled that problem. The machine is running like a champ. I'm just wondering if anybody sees a downside to combining those 2 passes.