What's new

Coleman SS Spot Free

Kolbyskarwash

Reaction score
Has anyone got any advice on converting a low pressure spot free to a medium pressure or any other way to have more pressure?
4 bay Coleman Super Saver

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Why do you want more pressure? If it's low pressure it takes more time in the bay which means more money.

MEP001

Reaction score
Customers love medium pressure spot free. I've often seen people spend 10-15 minutes with it. I don't get it, but I don't tell them otherwise.

To get 400+ PSI, you need a pump like a Cat 390. It will run 5 bays at 450 PSI with xx06 tips, 6 bays at 425.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You may get your low pressure system to work to satisfaction by swapping to higher flow solenoids. Also make sure you have 3/8" supply line.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
A medium pressure SFR system can be accomplished with the existing pumps…it’s a bit complex but it works if done correctly.

Components include:
A high pressure solenoid valve (Dema 453)
A pressure regulator (JEAdams 7075)
A 3-way zone valve (Erie VT3223G13A020)

For best results, the RO water storage tank should be elevated above the level of the pump station’s float tank.

Plumb the float tank to the normally open port and the RO water to the normally closed port of the zone valve. Plumb the zone valve's common port to the high pressure pump’s inlet.

Tee the high pressure pump’s outlet and plumb the high pressure solenoid and 2nd regulator.

Wire the zone valve and high pressure solenoid to the bay’s SFR switch position.

When selected, the zone valve opens, supplying RO water to the pump.

The high pressure solenoid opens, dumping the pump’s outlet to the 2nd pressure regulator (set to 400psi).

My experience mirrors MEP001's. I've witnessed customers spend their entire time in the bay using SFR only.
Be aware...the increased usage of SFR will likely require adding additional RO water storage capacity...or an additional RO membrane...or both.

WallyBalls

Reaction score
Im about to work an older DH SS that's plumbed just like that, I think... I was asked to check out the spot free, found none of the valves would move or motor was locked up.

Is it worth rebuilding the VT3223G13A020?
A medium pressure SFR system can be accomplished with the existing pumps…it’s a bit complex but it works if done correctly.

Components include:
A high pressure solenoid valve (Dema 453)
A pressure regulator (JEAdams 7075)
A 3-way zone valve (Erie VT3223G13A020)

For best results, the RO water storage tank should be elevated above the level of the pump station’s float tank.

Plumb the float tank to the normally open port and the RO water to the normally closed port of the zone valve. Plumb the zone valve's common port to the high pressure pump’s inlet.

Tee the high pressure pump’s outlet and plumb the high pressure solenoid and 2nd regulator.

Wire the zone valve and high pressure solenoid to the bay’s SFR switch position.

When selected, the zone valve opens, supplying RO water to the pump.

The high pressure solenoid opens, dumping the pump’s outlet to the 2nd pressure regulator (set to 400psi).

MEP001

Reaction score
Im about to work an older DH SS that's plumbed just like that, I think... I was asked to check out the spot free, found none of the valves would move or motor was locked up.

Is it worth rebuilding the VT3223G13A020?
No. For what it will cost to rebuild the Erie valves, you can add a pump for the spot free to the bays. You might as well run tubing out to the boom while you're at it so the changeover time goes to one minute or more to five or six seconds.

cantbreak80

Maybe I need new clubs
Reaction score
I would just replace the Erie Valves. They’re less than $100 each. Rebuild kits are close to half the cost plus the time to rebuild.

A high volume pump, motor, motor starter, and all the associated parts needed to build a separate repressurization system is not cost effective when the existing system just needs repair.

If it’s a new installation, I agree with MEP001 about a separate repressurization system...durable, reliable, and quick delivery to the bay.