What's new

Coleman Hanna Fragrance Vacuum Issues

GreatWash

Reaction score
I have a Coleman Hanna fragrance vacuum that in general works great. I noticed today that someone left the fragrance spray nozzle laying on the ground and it left a large puddle of fragrance fluid on the ground. If I put the nozzle in the holder on the machine it stops so there must be some type of check valve that is not working properly and allowing it to siphon when the nozzle is below the chemical jugs inside the machine. Before I dive in and start trying to figure it out I thought I would ask if anyone can point me in the right direction. Thanks!

slash007

Reaction score
One of your plungers is staying open. Take off the black coil then unscrew the metal stem. One of them will have the plunger gummed up and stuck in the stem. Probably Wild Cherry if that is one of your scents.

GreatWash

Reaction score
One of your plungers is staying open. Take off the black coil then unscrew the metal stem. One of them will have the plunger gummed up and stuck in the stem. Probably Wild Cherry if that is one of your scents.
Thanks, I will check that out tomorrow.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can make a tool to remove the pins by taking an old socket and cutting it to fit in the holes of the base of the stem. Do not use anything on the stem or you will crush it and ruin it. If you can't make a tool, use a screwdriver and hammer to turn the base. There's a tool made for the solenoids, but you can't get it in there to turn it.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If it is a center soelnod you may have to pull the other coils off to be able to access / turn the nut at the base of the stem.

MEP001

Reaction score
I don't know if all the Coleman units use them, but all the ones I've worked on have the old ITT style that need a wrench, and there's zero room to turn it IF you can even get it on the nut.

MEP001

Reaction score
If they're the GC, yes, I forgot they use those on the newer ones.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
A 13mm deep well socket will take those plunger housings out
If you don't have a deep well you can pull all the coils and use a regular socket with the stem protruding thru the top and turn the socket ith a vice grip.

MEP001

Reaction score
Have you ever tried to turn a socket with a vice grip? It only works if what you're loosening isn't tight.

I often have trouble just getting the coil nut loose. A few times I've had to use a Dremel and a cutoff wheel to cut a slot for a screwdriver in the top of the stem.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I don't know if all the Coleman units use them, but all the ones I've worked on have the old ITT style that need a wrench, and there's zero room to turn it IF you can even get it on the nut.
Those must be ancient. I've got some made in the mid 90s and they all have the same GC solenoid bank

MEP001

Reaction score
I might be thinking of the shampoo vacs that have the ITT solenoid.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Have you ever tried to turn a socket with a vice grip? It only works if what you're loosening isn't tight.

I often have trouble just getting the coil nut loose. A few times I've had to use a Dremel and a cutoff wheel to cut a slot for a screwdriver in the top of the stem.
Yep, - with something as small as the solemoid stem the grip is plenty. Something will give or break before a secured vise frip slips. Yep, coil nut can be an issue. I don't think I ever had one fail to come loose if I let WD 40 do it's thing for a while.