What's new

Coleman Frag/Vac problem

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
While doing my weekly walk thrus in the last month, I found that the Pina Colada on one of the Frag vacs has been running out. I dont keep them too full so I thought is was becoming more popular, so I started to fill it higher than the other two. I have know realized the Pina Colada runs when one of the other two fragrances are activated. The other fragrances run when selected, but the Pina Colada runs with it. I have not worked on Coleman vacs, only had these for about 5 months. They are about 6 years old. I plan to check the voltage on the PC solenoid to see if the timer is activating it when it shouldnt. Never seen any brand of vac do this, so any help is appreciated.

MEP001

Reaction score
More than likely the solenoid is gummed up or has trash in it and is stuck open. Lay the gun on the ground and see if the fragrance leaks from it (It'll be really slow if it does).

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Or, you can pull the supply tube from the bottl and see if you can blow thru it. If you can do this with the machine off the solenoid is stuck open. If it only works when the machine is on and another fragrence is running you have a wiring issue where voltage is going to th solenoid when it's not suppoosed to , or you can get an elec tester, make sure it's 24 volt capable and see if there isvoltage to that solenoid when one of the others is chosen. There should not be any.

dclark3344

Reaction score
I just hold my finger over the hole you will see air back into the lines that are open. Then turn the power off, unscrew the solenoid, remove the coil, the get a deep socket and unscrew the valve. look and see if the plunger is stuck, broken spring, or trash, clean with a q-tip. and you should be good to go.

MEP001

Reaction score
dclark3344 said:
I just hold my finger over the hole you will see air back into the lines that are open.
That won't always determine anything. Solenoids don't resist flow in the opposite direction very well, and blocking the air at the atomizer will always force it through the liquid lines.