What's new

Coleman combo vacuum 93040 lock

wendy's wash

Reaction score
I need some help. This morning went to collect on the machines and I found a vacuum would not open. Looked inside and it appears that some of the inside has come apart. Looks like the lock just wore out at the money box. Can anyone tell me what is the easiest way to get it open. It is one of the abus security disk lock. Trying to drill appears only made things worse. Someone who knows could pm me. Thanks, Fred Lenze

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I have an idea based on what I have done to get some Abus locks off without damaging anything else but would need a photo to be sure.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've never drilled out the type of disk lock Coleman uses, but I've drilled out a standard Buffo disk lock, and they usually just open in the process of drilling.

wendy's wash

Reaction score
Went back to carwash took a picture. I do not know how to post a picture. The vault door is a rectangle 1/8 inch thick to quarter inch thick. The only part of the lock you can see is where the key goes into the lock. So the entire lock is hidden behind the stainless steel. I did not measure the size of whole but my guess would be about a half inch hole. Called Coleman they could send a technician out to drill the lock at $90 per hour drive time here and back. Also $90 an hour to drill out the lock.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can probably get a locksmith to do it for around $200, but since you've already drilled it might cost more.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
What does a new door cost? If it's like mine, it's just a flat piece of stainless with a little grip welded on it. Order a new door, then take your angle grinder and go to town. Another alternative, if you have room, is to put a shallow box under the coin acceptor and forfeit what is in the coinbox. I've got nearly 50 years in/around this business with five washes. The only times I've ever called a locksmith was to work on the entry door to the equipment room.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I've drilled 3 of these already from people trying to drill them to break in. Go get you 3 new bits (so you have enough to get the job done) and go to town...2 locks took me 2 bits each but that last (3rd) took me 3 drill bits to finally get it to open. In all 3 cases didn't damage the door.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Is this the flat plate with the hole for the lock and there is a holder for the lock on the other side, and the bolt goes thru the opening in the piece hanging down from the inside? If all else fails you my be able to access the lock bolt from top inside the machine. Cut what you need to with a dremel tool.

wendy's wash

Reaction score
This morning went to the Car Wash and thanks to Randy Nix, Eagle Car Wash incredible brilliance I was able to drill out the lock. I did not time it as I figured it would take a very long time, but if I was to guess from set up actually getting it open the time could not have been more than 20 minutes. If this would've been used on a lower grade lock it would have cut the time down drastically. Thanks very much Randy.