What's new

Coleman Coin Box Upgrade

robblackburn

Reaction score
Well it is time to get rid of the Coleman Swipe-N-Clean at my wash. I am looking to upgrade my Coleman boxes and add something that both adds bill acceptor and credit card in the bays. I am looking for a direct door replacement and I could only find Etowah Valley or Carolina Direct that make direct door replacements. I am looking at two options and would appreciate opinions from those that have already done this.

Option #1 - Purchase Coleman door replacement from Etowah Valley and get Dixmor LED 7 timer along with mars bill acceptor and add Crypto Pay for credit card acceptance.

Option #2 - Purchase Etowah Valley coin box with the EV timer that has some great marketing features. Also use the EV credit card option which I believe also now supports wireless connections for adding vacs and vending machines to the network.

Comment ? Thanks.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
I need to do the same. I am anxiously awaiting responses. I was considering getting replacement doors from my distributor and building something myself. My Coleman distributor has reported good results with the Washcard system he installed to replace his swipe n clean but I found the integration a bit clunky. I want either an older style rotary knob or the Carolina push buttons. No more confusing keypad!

robblackburn

Reaction score
I need to do the same. I am anxiously awaiting responses. I was considering getting replacement doors from my distributor and building something myself. My Coleman distributor has reported good results with the Washcard system he installed to replace his swipe n clean but I found the integration a bit clunky. I want either an older style rotary knob or the Carolina push buttons. No more confusing keypad!
I am not a big fan of the wash card system so really not looking in that direction. I want something that is a direct door replacement so do not have to make any changes to support a different size on box. I am also thinking a plain rotary knob is best a not confusing to customer. Hopefully we will both agent some good ideas here. Thx.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you can locate a distributor that works with Dralco, they can make a custom door.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I thhink a concern for adding a bill aceptor to the box would be security concerns. How will the new door be concerned.

Do you anticipate issues? If so, perhaps a seperate box is a good option. Ifd they trrash the seperate box trying to get bill the bay will not be out of order.

MEP001

Reaction score
Probably made by Dralco then.

Twodose

Reaction score
I think Jim G has the best box with 7 gauge shell and faceplate, I don’t know if he is offering the cryptopay cc system, but if he is not he should, why would u go with wired vrs. Wireless?

I think he has one of the best boxes out there, but should offer the cryptopay cc system.

Jim give us some input, we love you boxes, with the hidden coin tray, brilliant idea, but let us design them the way we want!

Check out his website, it has been completely redesigned, let us build the box we want. You are doing a great job.

I am waiting to see if he would manufacture these boxes the way we want, personally I don’t want a bill acceptor, just crytopay and coins.

I would like to build the box with crytopay, dixmor timer, 7 ga. Hidden coin tray.

My competition down the road 8 bays installed the cryptopay system with a $3.00 minimum and $12.00 max.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I believe everyone will go wireless or cell. Its $5-10 a month instead of $60-80 for one pots line.

The vending industry has been using WiFi and cell for a long time. Car wash industry is slow.

robblackburn

Reaction score
Cryptopay vs quick pay

I think Jim G has the best box with 7 gauge shell and faceplate, I don’t know if he is offering the cryptopay cc system, but if he is not he should, why would u go with wired vrs. Wireless?

I think he has one of the best boxes out there, but should offer the cryptopay cc system.

Jim give us some input, we love you boxes, with the hidden coin tray, brilliant idea, but let us design them the way we want!

Check out his website, it has been completely redesigned, let us build the box we want. You are doing a great job.

I am waiting to see if he would manufacture these boxes the way we want, personally I don’t want a bill acceptor, just crytopay and coins.

I would like to build the box with crytopay, dixmor timer, 7 ga. Hidden coin tray.

My competition down the road 8 bays installed the cryptopay system with a $3.00 minimum and $12.00 max.
Why are you wanting cryptopay instead of the quick pay that etowah offers. Inamalso trying to decide between the two. Jim will sell the box without credit card and the dixmoor timer an then you just add the cryptopay. I think that Jim also has a wireless version of the timer for adding credit card at the vacs

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
Doesn't the ev system use a proprietary timer? That might be the best reason to select the crypto system? I would also check both cc processors cuts and if you could change cc processors.

Reaction score
I would replace with coleman doors with bill acceptors and put in crptopay cc system. I am looking at that also. bill acceptors are expensive. Dont know if its worth adding a bill acceptor and a cc system.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
Just a thought.... you could use the cheapest bill acceptors you could find. Like a Pyramid bill acceptor. I don't think anyone is going to string a bay to get a free car wash?

Another thought... I purchased some crap MEI bill acceptors off ebay and Super Randy fixed them up for me... good as new and still saved me a lot of money. Randy even got to keep an acceptor. :)