What's new

Cold Climates and Doors for IBAs

chaz

Reaction score
Depending on outside temp. Normally My doors are set to close at about 36degrees. My bay heat is set to kick on at 34degrees. As these are on separate thermostats I always make sure the doors will close before calling for heat. A cold sunny day will be a bit different than a cold, overcast, windy day. But obviously I also lean towards adjusting in my favor...that is not to have a frozen gantry.

D3Dubs

Reaction score
I have mine set to close at 40 degrees. We run floor heat only in the bays and that's on a different system.

jsoriano

Reaction score
I have mine set to close at 40 degrees. We run floor heat only in the bays and that's on a different system.
Hello, what temp are you using for you floor heaters?. My plumber suggested 80F for returning from bay.

Roz

Reaction score
We close the IBA doors at 40 deg as that allows us to not run floor heating in the IBA bay. Floor heating comes on at 38 for the SS bays but may take that down to 35. Temp is 90 going out and 70 coming back which seems to be more than adequate (for now with night temps in the 20s at times). We set the SS hydrometer tips to 20 deg (tip color) for the winter blends.

BBE

Reaction score
I set the exit door to close at 50 degrees and the entrance doors to close at 40. I like to keep the entrance ones open as much as possible to make sure people know we are open.

chaz

Reaction score
I set the exit door to close at 50 degrees and the entrance doors to close at 40. I like to keep the entrance ones open as much as possible to make sure people know we are open.
Agree on keeping doors open as much as possible but obviously to avoid freezing. Just curious why you close at 50 or even 40? I close at 38,bay heat kicks in at about 34.

Roz

Reaction score
We chose 40 deg since we do not turn on floor heating in the IBA. More heat is captured when doors close at 40 (at least that is what we have found). We have signs that say the IBA is always open and doors open automatically so customers seem to understand the operation. Only one customer said something to me as she has claustrophobia (our exit door is normally open during the wash unless the temp control says otherwise). After learning how the emergency release pulley works for the airlift doors she was fine.