What's new

Coint Box Heat strip adhesive

bigleo48

Reaction score
All,

Had to remove the factory fitted heat strips on my coin box and after a couple of years, I'm stiff searching for the right adhesive that would hold the strip in place and not eventually come off.

Any ideas on what would work best? Or where do I get the adhesive the manufactures use to put them on in the first place?

Thanks in advance....BigLeo

Mitch

Reaction score
Big Leo, Is it possible to use duct tape? If so, Home Depot has Gorilla tape; the stickiest stuff known to man. You can't hardly get it off your fingers after you tear it. Might work good of you can spot tape over the strip and still heat your box. Other than that, 3M products come closer to sticking than anything else. Good luck, Mitch

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I use high heat silicone(the red stuff) to bond the two together. It works great and comes off easy when it needs to be replaced.

MEP001

Reaction score
You could also go to a computer supply place and get a thermal transfer adhesive. There are two kinds, one is an epoxy like JB Weld (Very permanent), the other is a double-stick tape. The latter is used to adhere memory heat sinks and the like and holds very well if the surfaces are cleaned. I had a hard drive in my computer that kept overheating, so I strapped an 80MM fan to the heat sink from an IDX vac timer and literally stuck that to the top of the hard drive. The only way I'll be able to get it off without destroying the drive housing will be to use a cable saw through the thermal tape.

lag

Reaction score
I use high heat silicone(the red stuff) to bond the two together. It works great and comes off easy when it needs to be replaced.
I have been using silicone for years without any issues. I also use it on my auto heat strips.

Etowah

bigleo48

Reaction score
Great ideas as usual...the heat sink tape must be the stuff it came with, but I'll try the high heat silicone first as I can get that across the street.

Thanks all!!!!

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
My new meter box I got from Etowah Valley didn't have any heat tape installed in it. Any advice as to where to put a few strips? This box is three times bigger than my others, so I can't just mimic what the other ones have.

Thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
You might consider making an aluminum plate that can attach next to the coin acceptor using its mounting studs and put a heat strip on that. The coin acceptor is the main item you want to keep from freezing.