What's new

Coins won’t activate time when they’re put through the slot in one of my ss bays

carwashspain

Reaction score
So I had a weird thing where two problems happened simultaneously and I’m wondering if they’re connected. The first one is fixed- tire and engine cleaner was on constantly and I couldn’t switch it off. This was a relatively easy fix where the solenoid wasn’t activating properly, so I just replaced it. However, then I noticed this other problem that wasn’t there before the solenoid problem, where the lcd display in the bay says ‘0’, you put a dollar in expecting it to change to ‘1:20’ (1 minute 20 secs) and it does nothing. Tokens don’t work either. The coin mech is fine, light is green. My electrician had a brief look at it and he couldn’t see anything obvious. It feels like a lose wire type of problem, but all the wires look ok. He’s thinking it could be a problem with the circuit board for the bay, but it’s just weird that it happened at the same time as the solenoid problem (although that was in the plant room) so I’m wondering if they could be connected?

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Try rebooting it. Turn all the power off to the bay for a minute or two and turn it back on.
I had a problem like that and that worked. Not sure why but it worked.

Randy

Reaction score
What kind of equipment/timer are you using?

carwashspain

Reaction score
Try rebooting it. Turn all the power off to the bay for a minute or two and turn it back on.
I had a problem like that and that worked. Not sure why but it worked.
Tried that, thanks, but no luck. It’s loading up five mins of time okay when I type in my 4 digit code I use to clean the bay for five mins, just not when I use coins, tokens or tap my card. I also rechecked every wire this morning and swopped the main circuit board out and still the same. Replaced the individual lcd digits…..

MEP001

Reaction score
Well the timer is a circuit board so I swapped them out and still the same
Then swap the coin acceptor and try again.

I'm not familiar with Mark 7 doors, but GinSan doors have a circuit board that only serves to operate the pushbuttons, and there is a display timer on the board that is only a slave with another timer in the pumpstand that actually operates the bay.

Randy

Reaction score
I remember those old Mark VII coin boxes with the circuit board, they were a PITA. We replaced the board with a Dixmor LED-7 timer. Being that your in Australia I don't know what your options are. try switching out the coin acceptor like Miles said.

carwashspain

Reaction score
Then swap the coin acceptor and try again.

I'm not familiar with Mark 7 doors, but GinSan doors have a circuit board that only serves to operate the pushbuttons, and there is a display timer on the board that is only a slave with another timer in the pumpstand that actually operates the bay.
I’ve tried swapping the coin acceptor but no luck. I’m now focusing on the wiring.

carwashspain

Reaction score
The problem is fixed. Turns out it was in the ‘pi’ device/ circuit board that powers the card reader. I originally ignored this as a possibility, as the problem was with coins and card taps, so I just assumed it couldn’t be the card device if coins weren’t working either. But I swapped the device from another bay and it worked fine, so I’ve now sent it back to the supplier for testing. Thanks a lot to all who contributed, it’s much appreciated.