What's new

Coinless site require bill breaker?

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I'm getting rid of coins in my new location when I renovate. My question is, do you think it's a necessity to have a bill to bill breaker on site? I will accept CC and cash in the self serve bays, autos, vacs, and vending machine. Part of me thinks that people will get used to it quickly and make sure they have denominations less than $20 bills, but I see an upside to helping me change my $1 bills up to $20's! What are you doing?

Lighthouse

MEP001

Reaction score
There's an operator here with two sites in which he has CC and bill acceptors in the bays, only tokens from his changer. He has a bill breaker changer that gives either a token for a $1 bill or three tokens and bills for change for a $5, $10, or $20. He does not take bills in his vacs. I'm pretty sure he still takes quarters in everything, but that would be easy to change. He's told me that his income went up with the bill breaker to token changers.

Roz

Reaction score
I don’t see any up or down side to a bill breaker if you are changing for currency (instead of tokens). We change for dollar coins and people are fine with twenty gold dollar coins. Just one more device to make certain you can keep from becoming empty.