What's new

Coinless Car wash

Jeff_L

Reaction score
I’ve been doing cc only for 15 months now. Love it! No more worries of break ins, damaging equipment, etc. Biz on self serve dipped at first, but now back up to normal. Automatics didn’t skip a beat.

OurTown

Reaction score
Anybody thought about not accepting coins? Only bills and credit cards in bays/vacuums/vending?

I believe boywonder on here has done that. With what is going on right now I'm glad we accept coins because they are easier to sterilize than bills. It is something that never really crossed my mind before.

MudMoney

Reaction score
What works for you. My number 1 thought @ my washes, make it easy for people to spend their money !

boywonder

Reaction score
I have not done it, but have thought about it. We are getting closer every year on going cashless, by choice of customer. I thought about it during this situation we all are in. Especially for a shelter in place situation, you would have some protection. Nothing will stop the criminals. Now that it is harder to deposit money in banks, its something that I have definitely thought about lately. I did hear of a story that some government agencies had considered cashless being discriminatory. Something to also consider.

OurTown

Reaction score
I have not done it, but have thought about it. We are getting closer every year on going cashless, by choice of customer. I thought about it during this situation we all are in. Especially for a shelter in place situation, you would have some protection. Nothing will stop the criminals. Now that it is harder to deposit money in banks, its something that I have definitely thought about lately. I did hear of a story that some government agencies had considered cashless being discriminatory. Something to also consider.

The original post was about going coinless not cashless. I thought you had done that but maybe I was mistaken.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Here is a sample of my seperate Boxes. You could try a couple and see if there a re theft issues.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Anybody thought about not accepting coins? Only bills and credit cards in bays/vacuums/vending?
Hi.. We haven't accepted coins now for almost 5 years. we are credit/debit/cash in all bays and vacs.. we have 2 dollar bill breakers.. customers love it.. if you want to discuss message me or call me.. you will increase you bank account.. <smile>