What's new

Coin Hopper Problem

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
I have an American Changer. The hopper is a Universal Hopper. Last week it started having a problem. Whenever a bill is inserted, and the hopper starts to dispense quarters it sounds as if the motor is turning constantly and makes a loud humming noise. It runs for about a minute and then shuts down the changer. No quarters are dispensed. I have emptied it and refilled it with less quarters a few times and still have the problem. I took it apart thinking it was jambed, but didnt find anything unusual. The belt was intake and on track. The motor and gears were inline and did not "free spin", they do turn but with some effort. The "agitator" is connected and OK. I am at a loss. Any thoughts?

pgrzes

Reaction score
i am also having similar problems i just ordered 2 of them to swap out with my spares that are bad. One thing i noticed before with mine was a circuit board at the bottom of the coinbox. If your changers leak at all the board gets wet. The lift belt in them is a pain in the A$$ and has to be perfect. American exchanges the coinboxes for $169. i believe thats what the price was.