What's new

Coin Buck for SS Coin Collection?

DYoung

Reaction score
Trying not to reinvent the wheel, hoping someone has an easy answer.

Thinking most SS bays have the same round collection for the coins there has to be a way to slide something inside to collect the coins as they drop in. So you can just open it up grab a handle pull it out an dump. Currently I have a Rag laying inside that you can pull out and get most of the coins but as soon as you have more than $70 in quarters you are back to picking the rest up by hand.

I fit a tall folgers coffee bucket inside, the diamiter is good but still short and no real handle to grab.

How do you collect the coins? Maybe I am over thinking it? Any one have pictures?

Thanks

Overachiever

Reaction score
Trying not to reinvent the wheel, hoping someone has an easy answer.

Thinking most SS bays have the same round collection for the coins there has to be a way to slide something inside to collect the coins as they drop in. So you can just open it up grab a handle pull it out an dump. Currently I have a Rag laying inside that you can pull out and get most of the coins but as soon as you have more than $70 in quarters you are back to picking the rest up by hand.

I fit a tall folgers coffee bucket inside, the diamiter is good but still short and no real handle to grab.

How do you collect the coins? Maybe I am over thinking it? Any one have pictures?

Thanks
If you are talking about a round safe. Mine works exactly like you describe, grab the handle and dump.

Search kleen-rite for coin tray.

I think I'm using this: https://www.kleen-ritecorp.com/p-2377-14-coin-tray-for-a-18-safe.aspx

Click the picture and it shows you how much money each of the different sizes can hold.

getnbusy

Reaction score
Take a round gallon jug like fragrance and shampoo comes in and lay it down on its side. Cut the top (side) out so coins can fall in. Put the small end (top) into the safe first so that the bottom of the jug will be facing you. Will hold around $600. Been doin it this way for 25 years. Not quite as noisy as the stainless inserts. JMO

Etowah

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
getinbusy is 100% correct I don't know any operators that use something else beside a Clorox jug cut out halfway with the handle still attached for strength and can easily hold 500-600 dollars in quarters maybe its just a thing that SS owners do here in the south

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I just assumed the safes came with the stainless tray since all of mine have them. I've never heard of the jug thing until I saw this thread. I guess if I had ever had one stolen I would have figured out something, but I would have probably made one out of a PVC pipe. Sometime you just gotta do what you gotta do.

Overachiever

Reaction score
Do the coins get frozen to the bottom of the jug / plastic trays in winter?

Sometimes I like to take the blow torch to our stainless trays to loosen the coins frozen to the tray.

Reds

Reaction score
leman SS equip. have a square drop box below the meter. you can unlock it and slide the entire insert out. I have a spare coin box insert and just swap them

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
They stick together once in a while but not to the tray.

Robert2181

Reaction score
I have always put used a shop towel to block any water from getting to the jug.

Randy

Reaction score
They stole the stainless steel trays that came in my coin vaults and the ones I made out of PVC pipe years ago. Now I use a gallon windshield washer jug with the side cut open, when we lose one it easy to find a replacement.