What's new

Coin box that accepts coin, bills, c.c., phone apps like Apple Pay

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
That's the only one that I know of and that's where I will probably go too but I was hoping that there might be some new ones being introduce at the show.

MDrost1

Reaction score
I asked a tech at Cryptopay if they were working on an apple/google pay function. They said yes.

DavidM

Reaction score
There was a small company that has a door that can do all of that. They are called Sam's Co. They can make retrofit doors for existing boxes. I couldn't find a website but I have their number if you are interested. I didn't look that closely at the door, i was looking at a WashSelect II conversion they offer.

JMMUSTANG

car wash owner
Reaction score
Back in 2000/2001 when I put in credit card machines in all the bays it was expensive and many operators weren't sure it was worth it because of cost and fees.
Today it's almost the norm.
For us, self serve operators, to have to compete with Express Washes I truly believe that these types of boxes will be like the Bubble Brush of the late 70's when we were competing with Full Service washes.
As for cost I'm not sure how expensive it is.
Being that I was not able to make it to the show I just figured (hoped) there would be more mfg's like WashCard that would incorporate those functions into one box or 2 connectioning boxes.

Randy

Reaction score
I looked at a couple of the add on NFC mobile phone payment systems while I was at the convention and was in sticker shock when I saw the price of these systems. One of the systems I looked at was $5000 for the mobile phone app, $200 per month service fee, plus $22.95 to the processor and another $1000.00 for the hardware to run the system. So I’m considering going installing the USA Technologies ePort G10-S https://www.usatech.com/products-services/eport-cashless-hardware/eport-g10-s I missed the Washcard booth.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
I looked at a couple of the add on NFC mobile phone payment systems while I was at the convention and was in sticker shock when I saw the price of these systems. One of the systems I looked at was $5000 for the mobile phone app, $200 per month service fee, plus $22.95 to the processor and another $1000.00 for the hardware to run the system. So I’m considering going installing the USA Technologies ePort G10-S https://www.usatech.com/products-services/eport-cashless-hardware/eport-g10-s I missed the Washcard booth.
Randy,

On the E-Port does it require the equivalent of one verizon cell line monthly cost for every piece of equipment that it is on or does a 1 line create a network that can serve up to "how many readers"???

Just a thought ... when magnetic cards start to eventually get phased out ... it looks like E-Port is for magnetic only when it comes to cards.

mac

Reaction score
In talking to one of the companies that make these, there are aparently big change coming right after the first of next year. Supossedly all the gas stations will have to be modified to accept the new payment methods. And that means if you build it now, it will have to be changed in 8 months. At least that's how I understand it.

Etowah

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
In talking to one of the companies that make these, there are aparently big change coming right after the first of next year. Supossedly all the gas stations will have to be modified to accept the new payment methods. And that means if you build it now, it will have to be changed in 8 months. At least that's how I understand it.
I get my gasoline for my vehicle at Sam's Club & it sure appears like their pumps are already set up with the chip readers. Our facility's ATM has been reliably taking chip cards for enough time now ... the ATM distributor said that they are actually seeing opportunist liability claims on the least secure in the transaction chain. Not something any of us operators would want to get tangled up with IMHO. Even Randy with his vast depth of knowledge:)!

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Did they give you a price on that report G-10 add-on system?

The WashCard system is quite interesting and you have a lot of control over it than just your basic ability to take mobile payments. I'm considering the WashCard system mainly because I'm so heavily vested in their system, but also because their support is top notch and to me it seem like they are the only one that is pushing the innovation envelope for SS washes.