What's new

Code 74 ultra sonic/ and code 12 (ryko radius)

royalcarwash

Reaction score
Started out saying steer left.. steer left until I was almost to the wall. I reset the system and it did the same. Now all it will say is to back out of the bay. All reseting techiques failed.

I thought maybe it could be a problem with the grounding. Or I may need to replace ultrasonic sensor.

vinh

Reaction score
that sounds like an ultrasonic problem. I have an OHD. If that was my error, it would be the wall ultrasonics. Checking with a handheld should tell the problem.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
That's a front ultrasonic issue, I take it you have the 2 black ultrasonics in the middle of the radius system pointing straight down, do you have the new touchscreen control box in the bay?

Last edited:

soapy

Reaction score
Try cleaning the ultrasonic sensors with some acid. I have seen hard water build up on them and cause them to stop working correctly.

royalcarwash

Reaction score
also im not sure if it is related; but at the start of all the trouble the control arm wouldn't go all the way back to the usual 90 degrees unless done manually.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
FWIW

An ultrasonic is an item you should spare part. I have a couple brand new ones and another with a "?" on it just in case. They are expensive, so I waited (too long) to keep them in inventory.

Swapping the part out is easy, at least on my machine, and it can get you running in 15 minutes if the ultrasonic was bad.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The Ryko tech says the right trolley ultrasonic is more then likely your culprit for the Steer Left/Back Out issue

Ryko CS

Reaction score
If the right trolley sensor does not detect the floor for .6 seconds while driving reverse prior to finding the right side of the vehicle, the mchine will stop (M130 is ON when the right trolley ultrasonic senses the floor). The gantry will drive back home and ask the customer to "back up" until the entrance photoeye becomes blocked. The CMD should then start alternating the "steer left" and "drive forward slowly" messages until the entrance PE becomes unblocked as the vehicle pulls forward, then it will try the sequence again of stopping the vehicle, and locating the right side. For any more detail than that, I'd need the program number and revision to help.