What's new

code 43

wendy's wash

Reaction score
My controller gives a 4 flash then a 3 flash. My list of error codes shows hopper 3 coin drop stuck.
I do not know what that means. I have 2 Hamilton machines. 1- ER60 and a CM1. Can anyone
tell me where to look or what part could be bad. The hopper works and then it will decide to have an error.
Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
Hopper 3 is what the single hopper machines. The coin switch is either dirty or failing, or the motor brake is bad.

water guy

Reaction score
I have the same problem what did you do to fix ? Controller? Mine is doing the same thing.

Randy

Reaction score
I have the same problem what did you do to fix ? Controller? Mine is doing the same thing.
A 4.3 error is a Hopper drop switch error. You can first try cleaning any debris from under the switch arm, if there is no debris under the switch arm replace the switch. You want to use the old style switch part #11-0008, I've found that the newer style switch part #100-0151 doesn't seem to last as long and is prone to have more problems. There are a few tricks to installing the payout switches that you need to be aware of. We always keep the switches in stock.

Robert2181

Reaction score
I sometimes get the same problem, but I have to empty the hopper of quarters and then p ut them back in. Nothing is jammed & switches is clean. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks

Randy

Reaction score
I sometimes get the same problem, but I have to empty the hopper of quarters and then p ut them back in. Nothing is jammed & switches is clean. Any ideas or suggestions? Thanks
How old is the Hopper? Have you ever changed out the Payout switch?

Robert2181

Reaction score
It's about 10 years old. But I have replaced the motor,pay out and coin bowl a few times over the years.

MEP001

Reaction score
Are you getting the same error code?

Robert2181

Reaction score
No. I sometimes get a 1/2 1, and will not accept any more bills until the power is shut off and back on.

MEP001

Reaction score
You need to look at the code on the controller by counting the flashes. It will be something like 4 flashes and a pause, three flashes and a longer pause. The half-digit means the validator is shut down by the controller.

Randy

Reaction score
No. I sometimes get a 1/2 1, and will not accept any more bills until the power is shut off and back on.
A 4.3 error will throw up a validator inhibit error on your validator, reset the controller by pushing the white reset button on the controller. I would try adjusting the payout switch and if that doesn’t help try swapping out the hopper to see if the problem is still there, if it is it could also be the main harness or the controller, which I doubt. Which switch did you install? The new style switch #100-0151 is mounted in a stainless steel bracket, I won’t use that switch anymore, to many problems with them. I found that with the old style switch #11-0008 you have to bend the forward part of the arm down slightly to get it to work right, I have a jig that I made to bend the switch arm before I install or sell a switch. After it’s installed and adjusted you don’t want any part of the switch except the heel of the curved up end of the arm resting on the black plastic. It could also be you got a bad switch from whoever you bought the switch from, I’ve had that happen a few times.

Last edited:

Robert2181

Reaction score
It is the old style switch, and I have checked the adjustment and ran a $100.00, no problem. I'll watch for the code. It doesn't happen all the time. It can go 2 weeks without any issue, and then 2 or 3 times in a day.

Robert2181

Reaction score
The error code is a half- digit and the flashing light is 6 flashes, pause and then 1 flashes. Most of the time I just have to push the reset button on the controller. But in the past I have had to turn the power off and back on.

MEP001

Reaction score
6/1 is stacker busy timeout, so your stacker is failing. I assume when you have to reset it there's a bill sitting on top that hasn't been pushed into the stacker. You can remove it and use a box to catch the bills, you just need to plug the purple jumper wire that's tied to the stacker plug into the end of the harness, otherwise the changer won't work at all. I'd recommend ditching the Hamilton validator and stacker by installing a Mars conversion. You'll save yourself a lot of trouble, downtime and money in the future.

C2000 manual: https://drive.google.com/open?id=1wWWc0ZFclKwrVgUiob3LGZ1IcSFt4Agg

Last edited:

Randy

Reaction score
The error code is a half- digit and the flashing light is 6 flashes, pause and then 1 flashes. Most of the time I just have to push the reset button on the controller. But in the past I have had to turn the power off and back on.
A 6-1 error on the controller is a "STACKER BUSY TIMEOUT" error, it will shut down the changer. You've got something wrong with your stacker. You can run the changer without the stacker by removing the stacker and plugging in the stacker bypass plug, it's cable tied to the harness cable that goes to the stacker, it's got Purple wire on it. Put a box inside the changer to catch the bills.

Robert2181

Reaction score
I will try that. I've jumper-ed it before. There is no bill on top or waiting to be stacked. I've cleaned and have watched the stacker and work perfect while running a $100.00 dollars through.
I appreciate (MEP001 & Randy) for all your help and knowledge. I'll keep at it.

PS. I have 4 XE validators,but may have to consider the Mars. (Each 1 runs different Laundromats & bays in different areas). Hard to swap out for trouble shooting.

Any good line on Mars conversion would be greatly appreciated.

Randy

Reaction score
A "validator shut down error" will turn off the controller and the XE validator. That’s caused by the fingers at the back of the XE validator not dropping fast enough or not dropping at all. It’s a fairly common error.

MEP001

Reaction score
Any good line on Mars conversion would be greatly appreciated.
Etowah Valley has a really good conversion kit. It's very easy to install, doesn't require any cutting or drilling, and comes with everything you need including clear instructions. I don't know if they sell the kit without a validator, but if you do you can save around $300 per unit buying refurb validators from reputable eBay sellers.

Etowah