What's new

Clothing/uniforms and jackets

Sparkleclean

Reaction score
Does anyone have any ideas on good winter jackets/hooded coats for the car wash environment? We have always provided hooded sweatshirts, t-shirts, hats, and lightweight spring jackets. But i have a few long time employees i would like to get good winter coats for this year.

It has to be waterproof obviously, but i am pretty sure a regular ski type jacket wont stand up to the environment. I was thinking about a carharrt type work coat, but i am concerned about them being waterproof and or scratching cars if someone leans against one..... plus i want to be able to logo it so it cant have giant factory logos on it......

What do other operators in the north use?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've found some really great deals at goodwill / thrift stores. I have no trouble finding brand name winter coats that I give to employees. LL Bean, Carhartt, Dickies; they're all at Used clothing stores.

I think I paid $3 for the last LL bean Coat I got there.

You can easily add a patch or logo.

Randy

Reaction score
A few years ago we got nailed by L&I for not wearing high-visibility jackets and shirts. In the winter we wear a jacket like this In the warmer months we wear shirts like these https://shop.aramarkuniform.com/s-catalog-shirts-work-shirts-enhanced-visibility-short-sleeve-work?style=2891&assort=catalog or a yellow or orange vest.