What's new

*closed*

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Ummmm. That's not even a drop in the ocean of how many machines you would need to sell when you compare it to the initial investment you would have to make combined with the R&D and marketing costs. Do you have a fully outfitted manufacturing facility? That's several million more. Who's going to sell, install, and service these things? How much capital do you have to invest? My guess is you are simply dreaming and haven't spend a second talking to actual accountants, bankers, lawyers, or financial advisors because no matter how great you think the product was there is one thing you keep ignoring........they went bankrupt.
I have been told that Futura was cannibalized by their workers moving to other companies.

Last edited:

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Ummmm. That's not even a drop in the ocean of how many machines you would need to sell when you compare it to the initial investment you would have to make combined with the R&D and marketing costs. Do you have a fully outfitted manufacturing facility? That's several million more. Who's going to sell, install, and service these things? How much capital do you have to invest? My guess is you are simply dreaming and haven't spend a second talking to actual accountants, bankers, lawyers, or financial advisors because no matter how great you think the product was there is one thing you keep ignoring........they went bankrupt.
[redacted]

Last edited:

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I realize I have not gotten anywhere. All I am saying is what I want to do, doesnt mean it will happen. MN was Futura’s most popular state… they had a lot of machines here, they have decreased over the years but theres still a lot of them around. Also, 35 revolutions not including the Impulse or SSA. I can also not see any bankruptcy info online, let alone much of Futura alone..

Because Futura was a brand name, not the name of the manufacturer. If you really did know of what you speak, you would know that.

TMoliver

Reaction score
I believe the manufacture was Shelly Grossman of Specialty Manufacturing who built them.

TMoliver

Reaction score
Just Remembered the correct company name was Specialty Equipment Company.

CMDguy

Reaction score
Futura went out in 2012. I don’t know what’s worse, trying to bring back dead department stores that went out of business years ago or trying to revive a car wash manufacturing brand that was a major flop towards the end

MEP001

Reaction score
Futura went out in 2012. I don’t know what’s worse, trying to bring back dead department stores that went out of business years ago or trying to revive a car wash manufacturing brand that was a major flop towards the end
You should resist posting anything on your friend's thread.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Ummm it actually doe
That’s exactly what that means
Not entirely. They obviously were successful if they managed to last from 1968 until 2011. They managed to still be sliced in the 21st century.

Randy

Reaction score
Back in the day we were distributors for Specialty/Futura. It died a slow death in the early 2000’s and finally closed in 2012 or so. I’ve been to production facilities and I wasn’t too impressed.

HeyVern

Reaction score
Why don't we push to bring back the Ford Pinto while we're at it?!?!

Why is this even a thread?
I actually had a guy come in and wash a Pinto the other day. It was in amazingly good condition.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Back in the day we were distributors for Specialty/Futura. It died a slow death in the early 2000’s and finally closed in 2012 or so. I’ve been to production facilities and I wasn’t too impressed.
Can you tell me a bit more?