What's new

*closed*

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Hello. I’m just wondering who all would be interested in a spray bar accessory for their Futura Revolution? I’m going to look into making one and prototyping it. It would be similar to to that of the water wizard one, except, the pivot bar up top would lower and get spots the system could potentially miss.

Last edited:

Bricks

Reaction score
Hello. I’m just wondering who all would be interested in a spray bar accessory for their Futura Revolution? I’m going to look into making one and prototyping it. It would be similar to to that of the water wizard one, except, the pivot bar up top would lower and get spots the system could potentially miss. I’m also going to look into buying the Futura name, maybe seeing if I could start new manufacturing of the Revolution as it was their best and most popular car wash system.
I’d like to see it. I can’t picture what you’re describing. Mine does a hell of a good job now, but it takes 8 minutes to do it…If I had two of them for busy days, I’d never upgrade.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
I’d like to see it. I can’t picture what you’re describing. Mine does a hell of a good job now, but it takes 8 minutes to do it…If I had two of them for busy days, I’d never upgrade.

Last edited:

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I’m also going to look into buying the Futura name, maybe seeing if I could start new manufacturing of the Revolution as it was their best and most popular car wash system.
I can't see how this would even remotely be a good investment. That company has been gone for over a decade. Technology has not just passed that equipment by, it's lapped it a couple of times.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
I can't see how this would even remotely be a good investment. That company has been gone for over a decade. Technology has not just passed that equipment by, it's lapped it a couple of times.
Think of the Water Wizard. Similar to that. I don’t see how it needs to have any new technology. The machines wash cars very well as is they just need to be a little more speedy and not as wasteful.

What do YOU think would be a good investment then?

FuturaFan

Reaction score

Last edited:

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
What do YOU think would be a good investment then?
Invest the millions you are talking about spending in a nice stable money market fund.

I am also aiming this more towards people who have possessed/do possess a Futura system.
There isn't that many. The company has been gone so long most of those machines are long gone or will be soon. Pontiacs were immensely popular for decades but you don't see anyone trying to revive the brand.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
car washing isn't about nostalgia, like tinkering on an old ford galaxie on the weekends; it's about making money by offering a consistent product or service to more and more customers at an acceptable profit.

just because you can keep an old machine running doesn't mean you should. i now know the value of reinvesting into equipment and i recommend it to everyone when it is warranted.

i breathed new life into my business by upgrading. it was expensive and worth every penny. retire those dinosaurs. give them a kiss , thank them for all the years of service and sales and turn them into tomorrow's soda cans.

Bricks

Reaction score
How come yours takes too long? I visited one this past Sunday and it washed the car with the top wash in 4 minutes. Also, when I make a prototype I am going to aim to re-program the machine so it wastes less water. This includes after reaching the back limit, the rear side washers turn off while the ones in the front and on the titler stay on.
Because my number 1 priority is a clean vehicle. 4 minutes ain’t happening on my Revolution unless you tell me some secret formuler, Krabs.

FuturaFan

Reaction score
Invest the millions you are talking about spending in a nice stable money market fund.

There isn't that many. The company has been gone so long most of those machines are long gone or will be soon. Pontiacs were immensely popular for decades but you don't see anyone trying to revive the brand.

Last edited:

FuturaFan

Reaction score
How did you come to that conclusion?
car washing isn't about nostalgia, like tinkering on an old ford galaxie on the weekends; it's about making money by offering a consistent product or service to more and more customers at an acceptable profit.

just because you can keep an old machine running doesn't mean you should. i now know the value of reinvesting into equipment and i recommend it to everyone when it is warranted.

i breathed new life into my business by upgrading. it was expensive and worth every penny. retire those dinosaurs. give them a kiss , thank them for all the years of service and sales and turn them into tomorrow's soda cans.

Last edited:

FuturaFan

Reaction score

If customers like it, why change?

Last edited:

Bricks

Reaction score
I’ve taken notice by washing cars. futura tends to get more bugs off and they are definitely known to have very high pressure. that’s one of the things that made them successful.
Will they get the bugs off of a pickup truck in 4 minutes? Doubtful. 8 minutes, yep.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
There are a good amount. There’s 35 revolutions in Minnesota alone.
If customers like it, why change?

not every entrepreneur is the same. i would rather produce something that I know will fully satisfy my customers no matter what, vs investing in another system that isn’t all that great.
Ummmm. That's not even a drop in the ocean of how many machines you would need to sell when you compare it to the initial investment you would have to make combined with the R&D and marketing costs. Do you have a fully outfitted manufacturing facility? That's several million more. Who's going to sell, install, and service these things? How much capital do you have to invest? My guess is you are simply dreaming and haven't spend a second talking to actual accountants, bankers, lawyers, or financial advisors because no matter how great you think the product was there is one thing you keep ignoring........they went bankrupt.