What's new

Clear Foam Brush Sleeve

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I am using the following foam brush hose assembly from KleenRite:

KR Part #: HA156FBL1443

At the end of the hose that connects to the foam brush handle there is clear sleeve hose protector. Has anyone tried to replace that clear protector before? I am finding that the clear hose protector often breaks before there is any other wear on the hose. Once the clear protector breaks the blue foam hose quickly follows even though the rest of the hose is fine. My goal is to be able to replace the protector to extend the life of the hose a little further, thoughts or ideas?

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Cut off the broken part. Trim the remaining part if necessary, then heat it until it's pliable, and slide it back onto the fitting. I always used a gas torch, but I would think a heat gun would work as well.

MEP001

Reaction score
Replace with a regular hose guard. I order hoses with these on them. They last pretty well, certainly longer than the clear PVC hose. Kleen-Rite sent me the ones with the clear guard by mistake, and I had the same issue.

traveler17

Reaction score
I am using the following foam brush hose assembly from KleenRite:

KR Part #: HA156FBL1443

At the end of the hose that connects to the foam brush handle there is clear sleeve hose protector. Has anyone tried to replace that clear protector before? I am finding that the clear hose protector often breaks before there is any other wear on the hose. Once the clear protector breaks the blue foam hose quickly follows even though the rest of the hose is fine. My goal is to be able to replace the protector to extend the life of the hose a little further, thoughts or ideas?
There is another thread on this but I just started using 3/8 high pressure hose. Been working great so far , no kinks or bends.

Toms PTcarwash

Reaction score
That clear hose protector helps keep the foam brush hose from kinking and breaking. Once it breaks, as you noticed, the hose will follow very shortly. IMHO, trying to buy more time for a $15 hose is counterproductive. You will spend 30 minutes or an hour to save a couple $ and risk upsetting customers when the hose breaks and dumps foam on their clothes.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Same as T . I buy the HP Hose from KR with hose guard shown by MEP already attached along with swivel both ends.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I have KR make it with the clear on both ends of the hose. When the clear wears out near the FB handle, I reverse the hose and put the worn end up by the boom. Doubles the life of my hoses.