What's new

Cleaning Wall Paneling in Bays???

DiamondWash

Reaction score
If your Klean Wall is separated, it's old and probably bad. I've had some that sat around for six months and just wouldn't clean anymore.
Klean Wall 2 SUCKS ASS!!! I got another 5-gal container of it yesterday and it cannot clean chit and when it does clean you have to apply it 3-4 times AND scrub like non-other! Klean Wall 1 has HF and a bunch of other lovely ingredients in it but it works I thought this was a safer route to go down considering it had no HF and says it cleans the same as the original.....NOT now I'm going to call Jason Huf at Quest and order some F.W.C heard many good things about it but the same was said with KW 2.

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Klean Wall 2 SUCKS ASS!!! I got another 5-gal container of it yesterday and it cannot clean chit and when it does clean you have to apply it 3-4 times AND scrub like non-other! Klean Wall 1 has HF and a bunch of other lovely ingredients in it but it works I thought this was a safer route to go down considering it had no HF and says it cleans the same as the original.....NOT now I'm going to call Jason Huf at Quest and order some F.W.C heard many good things about it but the same was said with KW 2.
I have used quests version also jasons is aggresive has some HF in it Aluminate is what I used. I have used kleen wall and Nu wall. But all in all Nu-wall blows them all away on cleaning but the most dangerous here is a 4 bay I done last month. I did my 10 bay last summer. Just my personal experience but my expectations are super high. I guess it's all in what you want.

Attachments

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
In the pictures here is a picture of my hand, I burnt up with this stuff after I had a small hole in my gloves was leaking and didn't know after I got home had to go to doctor the following day. I recommend the thick PVC gloves for anyone using this stuff and all the proper protective clothing. I have honestly used so many different brands and formulas of acid it's not even funny. It can be very dangerous even if you are paying attention and experienced

Attachments

Allen

Reaction score
I've always used Klenztone from K & E Chemical on car wash walls and for cleaning concrete around vac islands.
Works good and a lot safer than HF. I apply with a pump up sprayer. Also works great on painted epoxy walls.

Twodose

Reaction score
here is a picture of my hand, I burnt up with this stuff after I had a small hole in my gloves was leaking and didn't know after I got home had to go to doctor the following day.
Thats why I don't use gloves. I use aluminate which I think they said is 20% hydroflouric but has muratic acid in it so you can feel it when it gets on you, have used it for years sometimes with shorts and a tank top, we always use a garden hose in combination with the high pressure soap to rinse the walls, so if it gets on your hands like that you can feel it and quickly spray with water, but also we are constantly spraying our arms and hands with the hose. I do use eye protection and you have to go slow and be careful.

Reaction score
aluminate very toxic but it cleans boat hauls, auto wall panels and all the s.s. rails, holders, vacs. Only thing ive found to be spray on spray off that easy, its very toxic and burns specialy straight up. The dollar store toilet cleaner is very effective also on boat hauls and wall panels. But aluminate will clean most anything. I think we pay around $80 for 5g from carwash superstore

ICEMAN

Reaction score
In 35 years of carwashing I have used every chemical out there. Nu-wall and Klean-wall both do a good job. What I do now is hire a local pressure washing company to do my bays once a year. Extrutech wall panels. They do walls , floors and ceilings. Price is reasonable and they do a much better job than me or my employees ever could. Makes the place look like the day it was built. They also keep the PDQ automatics looking like new. Safer for me and my employees.

dax_festival

Reaction score
LOw Fume Muratic acid availible at Home Depot or Lowes. I dilute it 2 parts water to 1 part acid. I brush it on and let it sit for a couple of minutes then brush it again for agitation. and rinse. Bad spots might require 2 applications. About $7 per gallon and I can do a 40 foot auto bay with 2 gallons.
I used to use The Works toilet bowl cleaner with good success- not the Dollar Tree kind- that wouldn't work well for me; but Walmart and Home Depot used to sell it with a stronger concentration- but since the pandemic, you can't find it anymore. The company must have switched to making other disinfectant products.

I found some other toilet bowl cleaners that work ok, but it took many applications to get our FRP looking like new. I started using Muriatic Acid just this week. Menards has it for 4.80 a gallon. I mix it 4:1 with water and boy does the scum just fall off the wall. My walls were terrible. I haven't been cleaning them since I was looking for a replacement for The Works and they really showed since I wasn't cleaning them. The muriatic does wonders. I wear goggles and ventilator mask though. With thick rubber gloves.

KleanRide

Reaction score
Just used Nu Wall diluted 50/50 and it worked great. Way better than the original Klean Wall.

MEP001

Reaction score
Was that before or after the helicopter fell on him?

mmurra

Reaction score
Eventually, consider replacing the material with new FRP. It really brightens up the bays and in the North prevents ice buildup over brick, We covered our through the wall brick decades ago and have replaced the FRP once.