What's new

Cleaning Vacuum Coins from collections bins

soonermajic

Reaction score
You guys are killing it on vacs.
In the 2 & 1/2 yrs here, Ive raised prices from .50 to .75 & then a yr later lowered time from 5 to 4 minutes.
I think I need to go up to $1. I only get about $300/week off 10 vacs @ my 2 sites.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
took over a FS wash and converted to EE. Removed the PVC Piping for the Vac inside and found my guy sifting thru the dirt for coins. Couple hours later I see another guy sifting thru. First guy said "I sold the business."

MEP001

Reaction score

soonermajic

Reaction score
Too expensive and the holes are too small. My double pail was free since I had the hardware cloth, and just as fast and effective. Plus you'd have to clean the Prospector once in a while after people vacuum up water.
What's this "double pail" you refer to?

MEP001

Reaction score

Debra Gorgos

Reaction score
The good thing about being in Canada is that we have $1 and $2 coins that get sucked up into the vacuum. The amount of change is really a function of how busy your vacuums are. I'm lucky that the bums and meth heads don't know how much change there is and haven't discovered the vacuums as a revenue source.
Hello. Sending you a PM abou this.....

Burky

Reaction score
I have a kitchen garbage can nearly full of coins after 10 months. A few weeks ago found a really nice gold and diamond necklace. What is fairly busy for you? Mine do an incredible business. In the past 7 months, I've had over $13k in revenue off five vacs at one of my washes. let me be clear, the change from ALL three of my washes' vac bins is about 100/ month. I'd hate to just throw it all away.
Hello. Would you (or anyone else on this forum) be interested in a device to separate out the coins? I have been working at this in my spare time over the last several years and have finally developed a machine (fourth model after about 5 years) that does this reliably and efficiently. I would be glad to get you more info if you are interested. I purchased one of the prospector buckets and it simply does not work for me. If you empty your vacuums everyday or so I can see it would work well for that, I dont have time to empty my vacs everyday. The contraption I made can handle 5 gallons of dry dirt in about a minute. I am finding about $20 per five gallons of dirt, Not bad for a minute of extra work when emptying the vacuums…
America as a whole throws out about $62,000,000 a year in change. https://www.wastedive.com/news/take...mericans-toss-62m-in-coins-every-year/428542/
I guess I need to sell more car washes :cool:

Last edited: