What's new

Cleaning Vac hoses

SuperShineGeorge

Reaction score
Being new in the business I would like to hear some ideas about how you guys clean your vac hoses, what works, what does not, any and all sugestions will help me get a plan in motion.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Rarely clean the outised. Only if perhaps it gets dragged thru oil or something.

Inside only cleaned if clogged. Then I pull off the hose from the vac and run water thru it. Then I take it in the tunnelk and let the blower blow out remaining moisture for a few seconds. Then attah it and run the vac one cycle to get out remaining moisture that drt may stick to.

MEP001

Reaction score
The ones in front aren't covered and stay pretty clean on their own, though I do rinse them off when I clean the lot. The ones in the rear under a canopy get pretty grungy, probably from getting dragged through tire dressing. I pull them off two at a time and wash them in a SS bay, after which they look pretty much new again. I don't try to clean the insides anymore - I tried once and just created a bigger mess. The trash going through them keeps the insides cleaner than anyone will ever care.

dclark3344

Reaction score
I lay my hoses against the bay wall; closely and slowly high pressure soap down the hose then I rotate it about 90 degrees and do it at least 4 times. My hoses are blue with red creases so they show the dirt. I do this about once a year when I do my spring cleaning.

Etowah

Mel(NC)

Reaction score
My vac hoses are solid blue and get pretty nasty after a few months of operation. I spray mine down with "purple power" and let them soak for 5-10 minutes before spraying them off in one of the bays. I do this a couple of times per year.