What's new

Cleaning Brick Walls

GreatWash

Reaction score
Getting ready to do a clean up on my brick self serve bay walls and had a few questions. I will be using some type of HF acid (nu wall or equivalent) and my question is will this product damage my in bay signage? My signs are a combination of aluminum with vinyl graphics and plastic Kleen Rite type. I did a rehab on this wash and the first time I cleaned it the bays were completely stripped down is why I ask. Also wondering if applying a sealer to the brick would make it stay clean longer or possibly make it easier to clean. Thanks!

Reaction score
My apologies, all I can provide is advice, not a cut and dry answer, but what I would do, is do a small test spot on a sign and see what it does. If i had to guess, they are probably pretty durable, because they are designed to be exposed to wash soap, and the elements.
As for sealers, if you don’t get a good answer off of the forum, go to an ACE hardware ( don’t waste your time at Home Depot or Lowes) , the good stores take a lot of time to become knowledgeable about their products, so if they know of something that will work, they will tell you.
I hope that helped.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use Klean Wall with HF. It will not harm signs, but it will turn the plastic on the guns white. Don't let it dry on any stainless, or it will stain it.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I've never had trouble with HF products on my signs, it cleans them up too. Keep the solution moving don't let it dry on stainless as MEP said as it will leave a permanent black stain. Never noticed it bleaching the handles on my giant black plastic trigger guns though.