What's new

Class Action vs credit card companies.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Class Action vs Credit Card Companies. I have ranted about the need for a class action against credit card companies for sticking it to the Merchants for problems of their own making and which they had the tools to prevent. Well, today I received notice of just such an action B & R Supermarket et al V Visa inc. et al, 17 cv 02738 on behalf of Merchants for the Credit card companies colluding to stick it to them . I can only hope the Credit Card companies get what is coming to them and stop the BS which is ongoing.

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Class Action vs Credit Card Companies. I have ranted about the need for a class action against credit card companies for sticking it to the Merchants for problems of their own making and which they had the tools to prevent. Well, today I received notice of just such an action B & R Supermarket et al V Visa inc. et al, 17 cv 02738 on behalf of Merchants for the Credit card companies colluding to stick it to them . I can only hope the Credit Card companies get what is coming to them and stop the BS which is ongoing.
Earl Weiss,

What are the technicalities &/or cost for filing "friend of court". The reason for me asking is it seems like a percentage of us small business owners who may have a laundromat with our self service car wash who are very much against the proposition of feeling being a bit coerced into not just a few CC terminals but more likely 50 to a 150 CC terminals just for one location to keep the payments consistent for all specific automated services.

Some of us may also be concerned about political (control freak danger) ramifications that from our perspective could happen like what has happened & has continued to happen in Hong Kong etc. Taiwan could be next ... depending on some pathetic potential vulnerabilities etc.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Earl Weiss,

What are the technicalities &/or cost for filing "friend of court". .
I have no idea. I suggest you have your attorneys Google the case, see what may or may not be relevant, and then quote you on what thier retainer and fees would be.