What's new

City Pressure for JC Super Saver

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Hey guys does anyone know the normal operating parameters for the city water pressure for a Jim Coleman Super Saver. This would be the water going to the cold water rinse manifold down at the bottom.

I ask because at my 6 bay wash if all the bays are full and say 3 or 4 are using rinse and the other 3 or 2 are using foam brush, soap, etc when the hydrominder kicks on the water flow into the mix tank is pretty weak. I ask because I think this is causing some dilution mix ratio problems causing me to consume more or less product and leading to some inconsistencies I am trying to fix.

I know there is a regulator on the feed end where I can regulate the pressure but I would like to know standard operating pressure before i start looking at that.

Thanks!

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Greg this is for the stand I picked up from you so that is helpful. I'm going to check my other super saver stand at my other location as well.

MEP001

Reaction score
It sounds like you might have a supply issue. The Hydrominders are not on the regulated line, they're usually direct from the main supply unless it's been modified.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
No your right from the city main line I have a connection to the cold water rinse, then the hot water tank (I don't run hot water) and then the mix tanks so 3 separate connections.

So yes its an unregulated line. Is there such a thing as too much water pressure to the cold water rinse manifold? If so what would the resulting damage be?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
No your right from the city main line I have a connection to the cold water rinse, then the hot water tank (I don't run hot water) and then the mix tanks so 3 separate connections.

So yes its an unregulated line. Is there such a thing as too much water pressure to the cold water rinse manifold? If so what would the resulting damage be?
Cat 5CP pumps are rated for 60psi inlet pressure.

I've had trouble recently with rinse water traveling back up the presoak lines into the tank when I turned the rinse pressure up, so just watch out for tank dilution too.

Do you have a softener in the system? resin breakdown can cause a bad drop in water pressure.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Hydrominder dilution rates are at a specific inlet water pressure, so you are correct if the pressure varies a lot the dilution rate will vary. I dont recall the specific number, but I think its 40 psi. Might be 20. Or 20 might be the minimum.
As Greg mentions, pumps also have a recommended inlet pressure.
FWIW, years ago I built simple separate manifolds for water inlet to the hydrominders and city-fed cold water rinse, and put a pressure regulator on each one.
(I also have manifolds, regulators, and lots of ball valves and gauges for air supplies, weep system, sfr, heating systems, etc. I like control and consistency :) )