What's new

Chrome Rims Cleaning Supply?

Dodge_Charger30

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have M122 Chrome Rims installed on my car and was looking for any assistance for cleaning. I've found some great polishing product & it works great. However, this takes up so much time knowing there is another product out there that takes way less time.

When I go to a certain detail car wash in my area, they are literally just spraying the wheel & tires, leaving them while they spray the other 3 wheel and tires. They will then just rinse & dry. This is very frustrating because of course, they won't tell you what they're using (understandable) and also the fact that it frustrates me because if you compare their method to mine, they can literally watch a full football game and I'm still out there working on the 3rd wheel. Theirs is just spray, rinse & dry.

Not only that, the chrome's appearance when they do it lasts about a good 2 weeks. I can't tell you how long mine last because all that time I spent on it, I hate to go out there and drive it knowing it will get dirty at some point. If you're obsessed & crazy about your car, you know the feeling. I have even tried to take a sneak peak of what they're using by sneakily looking at the spray bottle to see if I can read a brand. It's just a regular spray bottle from Dollar tree or Amazon. 🙁🙁. The color of the spray was a really light pink- so I'm thinking the product might've been mixed.

PLEASE, if anybody know what they're mixing or secret product their using to clean mirror like chrome rims, can you please share??
I would really appreciate it!

washnshine

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have M122 Chrome Rims installed on my car and was looking for any assistance for cleaning. I've found some great polishing product & it works great. However, this takes up so much time knowing there is another product out there that takes way less time.

When I go to a certain detail car wash in my area, they are literally just spraying the wheel & tires, leaving them while they spray the other 3 wheel and tires. They will then just rinse & dry. This is very frustrating because of course, they won't tell you what they're using (understandable) and also the fact that it frustrates me because if you compare their method to mine, they can literally watch a full football game and I'm still out there working on the 3rd wheel. Theirs is just spray, rinse & dry.

Not only that, the chrome's appearance when they do it lasts about a good 2 weeks. I can't tell you how long mine last because all that time I spent on it, I hate to go out there and drive it knowing it will get dirty at some point. If you're obsessed & crazy about your car, you know the feeling. I have even tried to take a sneak peak of what they're using by sneakily looking at the spray bottle to see if I can read a brand. It's just a regular spray bottle from Dollar tree or Amazon. 🙁🙁. The color of the spray was a really light pink- so I'm thinking the product might've been mixed.

PLEASE, if anybody know what they're mixing or secret product their using to clean mirror like chrome rims, can you please share??
I would really appreciate it!
I can’t tell you what they are using because I have no idea. But I can tell you the results you are seeing could possibly be achieved by an acid based wheel cleaner. While you might not be able to have access to purchasing whatever product they are using - you might want to go to one of the automobile detailing websites and see what acid based wheel cleaners are available that you can order in a more consumer friendly package (a 32 oz bottle, or a half gallon or gallon of concentrate, etc). Off the top of my head, I think Meguiars offers and acid based wheel cleaner, and I’m certain there are several other brands available to you to from detailer supply websites. Just be sure you do not get a product with hydrofluoric acid in it - it is extremely dangerous and there really is no need for you to use it to clean your wheels.

Dodge_Charger30

Reaction score
I really appreciate it.

I was checking out Meguiar & it looks like there is a wheel brightener as well that sort of resemble the color of what they're using. I think I will try it out and see what results come about.

I have no issues spending money on my car wash because I know they do a well good job- but there's times where I just don't feel like taking it there or if I want to spend time Sunday morning washing as they're closed.

Really appreciate the "don't(s)" statement of using hydrofluoric acid.