What's new

Chris Smolen Upstate Networks Alert

mr-gte

northeast Pa
Reaction score
Wanted to bring it to everyone's attention before someone else is taking advantage of!:eek:
http://www.yelp.com/biz/upstate-networks-utica
Check out the filtered section too

These are reviews from Auto Car Forum Customer Reviews section.

I purchased 10 units from this company that were sold to me as a device that would connect a credit card reader to a computer board. The product didn't work after much time and effort on our research and development division. We tried to work with the Upstate Network's technical department, but they were less than helpful. In our opinion the product cannot be made to work. We obtained an RMA number to return the unopened 9 units ($1800+/-), returned them FedEx with Upstate's signature of acceptance. When we inquired about our refund, we would be put on hold, hung up on, etc. Finally, Mr. Smolen (the president, I think) told me that he wasn't returning a dime and to sue him. He obviously realized that as an unscrupulous business person he could keep our money because it's unrealistic to pursue litigation over $1800.

Under contract chris smolen upstate networks is to design specifically for self serve (ss) carwash a complete system that
reads mag swipe(credit card), transmits the encrypted credit card data
to the control room server, processes the transaction through a clearing
house of your choice, sends the approve/deny back to the logic at the ss bay
where it is the converted into pulse credit controller can
understand. Chris smolen , upstate networks was paid a large sum to produce product. Chris smolen upstate networks has failed to deliver a working product.. Chris smolen couldn't make many projects work! Stay away - - lawsuit judgment is current status of contracted system. For more reviews on upstate networks go to yelp. Com or google upstate networks look for yelp reviews.

TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE AND A
NIGHTMARE
NOT ANY PROS HERE
JUST CONS

ISSUE> CHRIS SMOLEN AT UPSTATE NETWORKS INC WILL NOT TRANSFER GO DADDY DOMAIN ACCOUNT
CHRIS SMOLEN AT UPSTATE NETWORKS INC WAS CONTRACTED AND PAID TO HOST WEBSITE ALONG WITH
DOMAIN NAME FROM GO DADDY
ON 2ND YEAR OF HOSTING SERVICE, A REQUEST TO TRANSFER WEB HOSTING TO A DIFFERENT ISP PROVIDER WAS ASKED FOR. .CHRIS AT UPSTATE NETWORKS CONTINUES TO FAKE FAX USER NAME AND PASSWORDS TO NEW ISP PROVIDER ,CLAIMS NOT TO RECEIVE PHONE CALLS FROM NEW ISP.COME TO FIND OUT GO DADDY ACCOUNT IS IN CHRIS SMOLEN PERSONAL NAME.WE WILL NOT PAY REMAINING BALANCE ON HOSTING SERVICE UNTIL GO DADDY ACCOUNT IS TRANSFERRED TO NEW ISP.

Upstate Networks Inc

PC Based Payment Systems
Reaction score
Regarding MRGTE (aka Mike Early, aka Early Bird Car Wash, aka Mister Bird's Custom..)

(We'd like to thank all of our customers who contacted us to alert us to this post and your kind offers of support. Please do not do anything. This issue is with our lawyers)

Corporate policy precludes us from commenting on individual customers publicly, but we would be happy to detail, upon proper inquiry, the reasons for our actions with this particular customer. Please visit

http://www.upstatenetworks.com/customer_care_form.php

for our side of the story. We have over 600 customers worldwide, and we strive to meet our goal of 100% customer satisfaction. Upstate Networks, Inc. is an award-winning, global leader in PC-controlled vending since 1994.

mr-gte

northeast Pa
Reaction score
Just would like to point out > There are two Chris Smolen Upstate Networks customers in post. Now there is a third Chris Smolen Upstate Networks customer in post.
This is a Mickey Mouse operation. I purchased a $1300 SDK and hardware kit from these people and one component was straight from a garage sale. It even had a hand written price tag on it and of course it didn't work. I attempted to get my money back but the box was returned to me and I am still out the money. Now, they don't even return my emails. STAY AWAY from this company!!!

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I emailed Mr. Smolen asking for his side of this and I get a generic email back telling me that I must fill out a customer request form. So far I would say Mr. GTE 1 Smolen 0