What's new

Choosing a Credit Card System for Your Carwash...IN THIS ECONOMY?!!!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Exercise extreme caution. Been approached to "lease" several ATMs with all sorts of rosy pictures painted for rebates and revenues. (This was at the gas station and Wash)
Earl,

I was scared witless & debated the ATM idea for many years. I agree there is a wide choice of ATM options (including my preference of not leasing but owning) & the operator would have to look at the fine print of hopefully a good long term contract. The ATM manufacturers tend to be more global in nature & my perception is that they actually are more stable than some of the in bay & vacuum choices. There is service after the sale & not likely needed because from my observations --- ATMs seems to be a more tested & mature technology.

It seems that paying customers & the credit card companies to choose credit cards --- via transaction fees & percentages --- to encourage more & more use of them at significant expense --- just seems to be shooting ourselves in the foot as an industry as a whole. The ATM model seems like a more realistic long term approach --- but the ATM model requires us to keep the "cash option" strong through passing along the savings etc.

Remember the category of Carl's post is self service etc not so much gas pumps & tunnels etc.

mike walsh king koin of bismarck