What's new

Chevy Truck 2008 Mirror

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Just busted a passenger side mirror. It hit the blower and did not fold.

Do these mirrors stick out further than past mirrors? Don't know of any prior models hitting this blower, let alone breaking!

Anyone using a standing or Hanging pole similar to height clearnace poles to monitor mirrors sticking out past equipment tolerance?

Mr.Aap

Reaction score
What model Truck....What kind of mirror.....

Mr.Aap

Reaction score
Are they Towing mirrors....If they are they must have had them extended....I have the same truck in a 2500....I have run mine folded out but not extended and been fine....

el jefe

el jefe
Reaction score
chevy gmc 08 mirrors

make sure you leave them out--- not folded in....They arent aerodynamic and will blow apart

Danny

Reaction score
Are they Towing mirrors....If they are they must have had them extended....I have the same truck in a 2500....I have run mine folded out but not extended and been fine....
I have a 2500HD also. The towing mirrors need to be pushed in, a lot of owners that tow regularly leave them pulled out for convience. Also watch for the aftermarket mirror extenders, you can end up with the same problems there.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
If they are aftermarket items it falls under the non original equipment disclaimer.

Danny

Reaction score
If they are aftermarket items it falls under the non original equipment disclaimer.
ahhh very true... but still a PIA customer that wants someone, other then themselves of course, to blame when they didn't read any of the disclaimer signs that are posted in plain view in several locations.

:D Sometimes it is easier to handle a potential problem before it becomes a problem

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Is it possible to have them fold/move them in? I think I would go that way, you touch them, you buy them.