What's new

Chemiclals / Soaps - Blendco

washregal

Reaction score
Can anyone give me an opinion on Blendco vs.. typical SS and IBA products? Cost per car / cleaning ability and overall benefit to a happy customer and a cleaner car?

BBE

Reaction score
blendco is GREAT with touchless. This is where they really built a name for themselves. I can't comment on them for self serve products, as I don't use their stuff for my SS products. Understand there will be slightly more things to learn with blendco, as the alkaline is all mixed in one mixing station, then a dual injector pulls the alkaline and a surfactant. So instead of swapping out barrels of pre soak, you will be refilling one barrel with powder every so often.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Tried Blendco in my Tunnel. Did not like it. Too much stuff to mess with and issues with those items. I use KR super concentrates in the SS with ultra lean hydrominder tips. . Use HP for pre soak because I had Gelling issues with their pre soak. A 5 Gallon bucket lasts a long time.

washregal

Reaction score
Just curious if you weighed the costs - just ran my black altima through an IBA using Blendco - and I have to say - It looks every bit as good as a friction wash.. Hard to tell the difference - Thinking if my costs are low enough users will value the clean in my SS bays as well. Earl - I also agree with you - I am not a fun of too much STUFF! but if it cleans cars well - I am for it - just wanted to weigh the costs of it.. How often do you need to add the powder - Thinking the blend tank would also handle the SS bays as well.

soapy

Reaction score
I used the Blendco setup for a couple of years and it did work great but found it to be very expensive. $1 per car in my touchless washes. I switched to using Kleenrite Super KLeen powder and Kleenrite SS liquid presoak surfactant made by SImoniz. I now mix the powder portion myself and use a dual injector to add the liquid surfactant. My cost is less than a 1/3 of what Blendco was and the results are the same IMO.

mac

Reaction score
I used to sell the stuff. First the good. When set up properly, it cleans well and puts on a nice show. The bad. "When set up well..." It is not plug and play. A lot of their distributors do not know how to properly set it up. This results in wasted product. And it's costly.We always had issues with the powder settling out of solution and clogging lines. Needs to have an experienced set of eyes at least twice a year. You really need to do a flow test to get an accurate cost. The final straw when I stopped selling it was when another one of their distributors went in to one of my customers and started selling to him. Our contract specifically forbids this. So when I'm on the phone with the president and my lawyer and brought this up, there was just deafening silence. Welcome to car washing. Just took an account from them. I asked the operator how often the Blendco rep calibrated the system. He couldn't remember. He said the guy just showed up at night and dropped things off. If you are in Florida just be aware.

washme1

Reaction score
I have been using it in IBA and SS for about 4 years. I'm happy with the products. They clean well in both IBA and SS. The last time my rep did a draw test, I believe my top wash was about .65 for chemical. In the SS I particularly like the scent of ps, wx anc tc. They just smell powerful. The customer notices. I have not had a problem with clogging. My previous chemicals were ok but I much prefer Blendco.