What's new

Chemicals

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I'm considering going back to KR chemicals during the buy 3 get 1 free sale. I have been pretty satisfied with their products in the past with the exception of their ss presoak. I have to buy 36 pails to get shipping paid so I'd like to order presoak along with everything else. Anybody had good luck with 1 of their ultra-concentrate presoak?
Thanks
J

bigleo48

Reaction score
Jimmy,

There has have been a number of posts on this recently, so you may want to search the archives.

I do use some of their products and take advantage of the buy 3 get 1 free, along with the free shipping. However, I too dropped their mid-pH presoak, the HP soaps and the Deep Blue wax. For the presoak, I now use their "In Bay" alkaline presoak, for the HP Soap I now use the acidic Kleen-Track 2A (foams, smells nice and complements the alkaline presoak) and due to clogging problems with the Deep Blue wax, I've gone to the Simoniz Super Dry. BTW, these three products cost less to use and provide better results and fewer problems.

Hope this helps...BigLeo

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I use the purple passion KR Pre soak in the SS. I am not sure if their are "Better" SS pre soaks out there that are still safe for the SS customer to do who knows what with.

bigleo48

Reaction score
When I used the KR Purple Passion, I received many complaints as to it's ineffectiveness (neutral pH). I switched to an alkaline presoak and have never looked back. I guess it depends on what you titrate your chems at and what kind of soils you have in your area.

I guess I found the PP KR product to have virtually no effect :(

MEP001

Reaction score
I tried the KR Purple Passion at another wash once - I also found that while it looked and smelled great, it did almost nothing as far as cleaning.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I tried summer breeze presoak- same problem as the others- no alkalinity. It got demoted to HP soap immediately.

My experience has been that if SS presoak does not have that "slimy" feel to it (from the alkalinity) out of the gun it doesn't do much anything in the cleaning department. I generally run most SS presoaks about 50-100% higher than the reccomended strength, or substitute an IBA product. I've never had one problem with possible damage from SS presoak in sixteen years. I'm currently running an alkaline IBA presoak in most of the washes.

JB, IIRC you have JCC equipment. If you have medium pressure presoak try your IBA alkaline product- but with about a blue hydro tip. It gets further diluted by the medium pressure setup so it really goes on weaker.

I do like the smell of the orange KR HP soap. I plan on buying a pallet of it.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I have several customers that work at a company nearby that carries Car Brite". They came in once before and set up to do a trial run but then they gave me ridiculous pricing on the product so of course I didn't buy it. I talked to the sales manager the other day and he has given me new pricing so I'm going to try it again. Anybody use Car Brite?