What's new

Chemicals

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Need Pros and Cons on Quest Chemicals for Touchfree and self service wash , at present using Blendco, but having problems with Blendco service in my area and looking at others available.
Thanks

APW

Reaction score
I use Quest and I am very happy with it. I have no cons.

Bob Koo

Reaction score
I use Quest products for my Twin IBA's and Self Service bays. I am using all their 3X and 2X products and only have 5 Gallon containers onsite. Their products provide great foaming, scents, and cleaning. Their Total Shield product is unbelievable. Jason Huf is one of the best in the industry.

washnshine

Reaction score
I use Quest products for my Twin IBA's and Self Service bays. I am using all their 3X and 2X products and only have 5 Gallon containers onsite. Their products provide great foaming, scents, and cleaning. Their Total Shield product is unbelievable. Jason Huf is one of the best in the industry.
If you don’t mind me jumping in and asking- What do you like about the total shield?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I use Quest- it's great stuff. Tons of color and scent options. Jason Huf is very responsive to questions. Some of their SS products seem to go quickly but that may just be my perception. I just ordered some of their hyperconcentrates to try.

I really like their selection of CCPs. Total Shield (rain repellent CCP) and Shine on (carnuba premium wax) are both excellent products.

Last edited:

Bob Koo

Reaction score
If you don’t mind me jumping in and asking- What do you like about the total shield?
I'm using the Total Shield product as my CCP passes for my IBA's noting excellent water break. But, what is unbelievable is the depth of gloss recognized on the vehicle surface and the feel of a hand paste wax, it is just a softness I haven't seen before. I will say, I have always known you can't use a vehicle just washed as a test vehicle again, but Total Shield only proves this fact since I have never experienced seeing a vehicle break high and low presoak like water washing it immediately, a second time.
I have heard Jason Huf say, he won't call this product a ceramic. I just know, I don't need to ever try a ceramic product, I'll just keep using Total Shield

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
I'm using the Total Shield product as my CCP passes for my IBA's noting excellent water break. But, what is unbelievable is the depth of gloss recognized on the vehicle surface and the feel of a hand paste wax, it is just a softness I haven't seen before. I will say, I have always known you can't use a vehicle just washed as a test vehicle again, but Total Shield only proves this fact since I have never experienced seeing a vehicle break high and low presoak like water washing it immediately, a second time.
I have heard Jason Huf say, he won't call this product a ceramic. I just know, I don't need to ever try a ceramic product, I'll just keep using Total Shield
Thanks for response

washnshine

Reaction score
Thanks Bob. So safe to say you don’t need a Carnauba wax with this product? I know people will probably sell it, but it sounds like the total shield gives the same result.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Shine on is going to give more of that slick feel. I don't think I have the newest batch of total shield and I know they were experimenting with some new polymers which may be doing that. I double draw total shield and shine on into the same tank. It gives the blend some of the properties of both. Ideally you would apply shine on, buff it in if possible if you have a cloth unit, , then seal it with total shield.

But yeah, I see what Bob describes all the time on regular customers' cars. You watch the presoak go on a car and instead of sheeting on it breaks and runs off the surface just like water. The first few times I saw that I though my presoak was not working properly.

Last edited:

washnshine

Reaction score
Shine on is going to give more of that slick feel. I don't think I have the newest batch of total shield and I know they were experimenting with some new polymers which may be doing that. I double draw total shield and shine on into the same tank. It gives the blend some of the properties of both. Ideally you would apply shine on, buff it in if possible if you have a cloth unit, , then seal it with total shield.

But yeah, I see what Bob describes all the time on regular customers' cars. You watch the presoak go on a car and instead of sheeting on it breaks and runs off the surface just like water. The first few times I saw that I though my presoak was not working properly.
Thanks Greg.

soonermajic

Reaction score
TdlConcepts (Thomas) is the guy on here who convinced me to switch. Shine On is freaking awesome Carnauba foam wax! I use it on my SoftGloss, as a Lava/RainShield, & it dows an amqzing job!

I wonder if I can use it in lue of Triple Foam, as it would get the buffed in look? But the 3x foam is used on 2nd pkg as well. Ph well, Im rambling...

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
TdlConcepts (Thomas) is the guy on here who convinced me to switch. Shine On is freaking awesome Carnauba foam wax! I use it on my SoftGloss, as a Lava/RainShield, & it dows an amqzing job!

I wonder if I can use it in lue of Triple Foam, as it would get the buffed in look? But the 3x foam is used on 2nd pkg as well. Ph well, Im rambling...
I use it for triple foam in my self serve bays. Not cheap, but the customers really notice the difference. On the IBA, I would stick to a regular conditioner or polish product for tri foam. You want to have a good reason for the customers to upgrade.

water guy

Reaction score
I use some Quest Chemicals in my SS. Customers love the tire and wheel cleaner.