What's new

Chemical tire applicator using a tape switch

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
Any recommendations for a cta unit and a treadle/tape switch for a conveyor tunnel wash?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Made my own. Standard Tape Switch. Standard Pumping (With air injection like a foamer would have) station activated by 110 Volt Solenoid. USed a Vacuum Timer. Ran Tape Swithc leads to coin Pulse. Set for 2 seconds per coin. Ran 100 Volt out leads to solenoid for air for flo Jet.

Used schedule 80 PVC for application Mounted to strut on first arch with PVC Check valve at each for the liquid line.

See
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yToxbXhNVZw

MEP001

Reaction score
I've been thinking for some time about making one and combining it with a programmable relay. My thought was to use several switches and sets of nozzles and have only a short blast each time a switch is hit, and set up so a vehicle backing up won't trip it again.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
What length of a tape switch is needed to "catch" all vehicles in a tunnel?

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
30" will definitely do it. Since my floor is kind of rough I put it on top of a steel plate. Also a plate on either side so the car rides on an off smoothly.

getnbusy

Reaction score
Nice setup Earl.

I am wondering could this be activated by a set of eyes ? I mean like some undercarriage eyes ?

TEEBOX

Reaction score
My tape switch i s 36 inches long. It is also in a steel plate that was cut into concrete. Level with the floor.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Nice setup Earl.

I am wondering could this be activated by a set of eyes ? I mean like some undercarriage eyes ?
You could use eyes but they seem like a bother. Someone walks thru and it sprays. Have to run wire between them . Typically need a transformer. Must be high emough to clear rail but low enough so body mods don't break the beam.