What's new

Chemical suggestions

IanBen

Reaction score
Hello!
My wife and myself purchased a touchless automatic wash and I’m looking for a little guidance after much reaching and reviewing what is at the wash now.

I’ve been reading and thinking we should have a low PH then high PH presoak, then water rinse, optional tri foam and wax.

Currently it’s setup with 1 high ph presoak, two high PH “wash soaps” then the regular wax and drying agent.

I didn’t think I needed a “wash soap” or do I? Isn’t it just pre soaks?

MEP001

Reaction score
Some machines add soap to the high pressure pass, but IMO it's just for show. The amount of soap you'd need to do any cleaning on a high pressure touchless pass would be insane.

thegoat999

Reaction score
If its being applied over the presoak I guess you could say its just their way of trying to increase dwell time since its also high PH. That said youre better off just swapping them for presoak. Just make sure youre accounting for adequate dwell time between the lo/hi when you do switch them out

IanBen

Reaction score
If its being applied over the presoak I guess you could say its just their way of trying to increase dwell time since its also high PH. That said youre better off just swapping them for presoak. Just make sure youre accounting for adequate dwell time between the lo/hi when you do switch them out
thanks! That’s what I was thinking but started second guessing myself

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You're not going to get enough cleaning out of a high ph wash soap. Take the money you spend there and crank up your presoaks.

If you wanted to keep the wash soap you could swap to a low ph product that will help reduce the ph on the car during the wash process. In theory you get a better end product. This can also be done by using a low ph tricolor if you're not using a tricolor wax.