What's new

Chemical injection above bay instead of at pump?

Car_Wash_Guy

Reaction score
Does anyone have their wash/SS set up like this? All my injection and solenoids are at the pump stand and myself, along with my customers, don't really like the 5-15 secs it takes to switch functions.

I was thinking about having a brass manifold block above the bay and then run the 1/4" poly tubes from the solenoids in the equipment room up to this manifold, passing through check vales into the manifold and then down to the gun.

Would this work?

soapy

Reaction score
All of my washes inject the chemicals above the bay including the spot free rinse. High pressure soap is still injected in pump room. Use stainless steel instead of brass if you do this. Most car washes are set up like this.

mac

Reaction score
Won't work for high pressure soap and wax. Those are not injected, but rather sucked into the pump on the suction side.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Does anyone have their wash/SS set up like this? All my injection and solenoids are at the pump stand and myself, along with my customers, don't really like the 5-15 secs it takes to switch functions.

I was thinking about having a brass manifold block above the bay and then run the 1/4" poly tubes from the solenoids in the equipment room up to this manifold, passing through check vales into the manifold and then down to the gun.

Would this work?
Get rid of that, and use some VFD's.. rush product out..

MEP001

Reaction score

Would this work?
Are you talking about switching between high pressure functions or low pressure ones?

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Are you talking about switching between high pressure functions or low pressure ones?
Yes.. to eliminate that long time the customer sees what he picked on his selection , we inject chem with a Blu and White pump strait form the drum it came in.. we ramp pressure to let's say presoak at 1300 PSI and reduce it down to make it low pressure.. same with all functions.. Bottom line is put the chemical they choose in front of them as fast as possible.

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
Yes.. to eliminate that long time the customer sees what he picked on his selection , we inject chem with a Blu and White pump strait form the drum it came in.. we ramp pressure to let's say presoak at 1300 PSI and reduce it down to make it low pressure.. same with all functions.. Bottom line is put the chemical they choose in front of them as fast as possible.
P.S. Solenoids that are problem in the roof or anywhere else including the manifold.. :)

MEP001

Reaction score
You might as well completely retool your system by adding separate low-pressure tire cleaner and presoak systems and tee-ing them in at the boom. You could inject tire cleaner and presoak at the boom, but with a separate low-pressure system you can mix air with them and run the chemical much stronger without it costing a fortune.

Etowah