What's new

Chemical Hose. What do you use?

bigleo48

Reaction score
All,

I use that clear stuff between the chem pail and the hydrominder (came with the hydrominder kit). Some of my chemicals (like the wax & Bug Remover) harden that tubing until it is no longer flexible and doesn't seal properly on the foot valve or the tip connection.

So I have to buy some new tubing, is there something else you guys have found that works better and stays flexible?

Cheers...BigLeo

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
I change all my tubing and foot valves once a year. I did it for the first time last year and what a difference it makes in the chemical ratio's. My customers noticed it instantly. I just have it scheduled now to do it once a year. It doesn't cost a whole lot to do that.

Reds

Reaction score
I have had the same problem and kept putting on new hoses. I just ( January ) put some Tygon 2075 tubing on my presoak line. I called the people who make it and that's what they recomended. I saw a thread on this forum about someone using another type of Tygon hose and having good luck with it so I tried it. I bought an "ultra lean" fitting kit (from Kleenrite) for my hydrominders that would accept a ?" hose - the eductors for the ultra lean kit are the same color & size as the original bigger eductors. Tygon is available in ?" hose but is much more expensive than the ?" hose. So far the tubing looks like new and is still clear and very pliable. But it's only going on 4 months so the jury is still out. If it works I will switch all of my hoses to Tygon. Try doing a search for "Tygon" and you will probably pull up the other thread about this issue.

ProCarWashes

Reaction score
I have had the same problem and kept putting on new hoses. I just ( January ) put some Tygon 2075 tubing on my presoak line. I called the people who make it and that's what they recomended. I saw a thread on this forum about someone using another type of Tygon hose and having good luck with it so I tried it. I bought an "ultra lean" fitting kit (from Kleenrite) for my hydrominders that would accept a ?" hose - the eductors for the ultra lean kit are the same color & size as the original bigger eductors. Tygon is available in ?" hose but is much more expensive than the ?" hose. So far the tubing looks like new and is still clear and very pliable. But it's only going on 4 months so the jury is still out. If it works I will switch all of my hoses to Tygon. Try doing a search for "Tygon" and you will probably pull up the other thread about this issue.
Do you have a per foot cost of the tubing??? And where you buy it.

Reds

Reaction score
McMaster Carr part # 5103K14 "Chemical Resistant clear Tygon tubing, ?" ID, 3/8" OD, 1/16" wall thickness, Formulation 2075" 50' roll @ $1.36 per foot. Not cheap, but if I don't have to deal with hoses as hard as a rock it's worth it to me. I believe that the hose that was discussed in the other thread about this issue was some kind of Tygon fuel hose. I'm not sure if that hose is cheaper or not, but according to the post it had been in service for a long time without deteriorating. It would be a good idea to read the other thread. I didn't use the exact same Tygon hose and since mine has only been in service for about 4 months I still consider it an experiment. You can go on the Tygon website and there is a lot of good info about their products and what chemicals they are used for. I was debating between the hose listed in the other thread and the "chemical resistant" hose so I called the Tygon tech line and they recommended the 2075. We'll see if they are right.

Last edited: