What's new

Chemical Dilution / Ratios for dummies.......

softsuds

Reaction score
Can someone please explain the math to me on this ?

As an example, Kleen-Rite Corp List ORANGE CREME High Pressure Soap as a final Dilution ration of 600-900/1

So, in my mind, that means that a 5 Gal Pail will make somewhere Between 3000 - 4500 Gal of Usable Soap.... Right So far ?

So, whats with the " Add 10 Gallons of water " and " Use Yellow Tip " ?

Adding 10 Gal. of water will make 15 Gal of concentrate, A yellow tip on most hydrometers will be 90:1.... So, you will basically
get 1350 Gal of Soap...... Your not going to move that much soap through your suction line on your pump stand to get to
4500 Gal, Definately not 3000 Gal.
What am I missing ?

Thanks

MEP001

Reaction score
90:1 isn't the final dilution that comes out in the bay. That 90:1 mixed product will be drawn at around 4-5 ounces per minute along with enough water to make about 3 GPM.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I guess it depends on your equip setup. As MEP says, for instance with my D&S the HP Soap goes thru a hydrominder and is diluted and sits in a tank. The Pumps is fed with Fresh water from another tank When you choose HP soap a solenoid opens and the HP soap from the tank is injected into the water stream from the fresh water at the pump. Unlike low pressure functions that draw direct from the tanks without further dilution. For rinse that solenoid does not open. So, if you have a simialr setup you need to figure the injection rate. If it is 1 part diluted soap to 3 parts water you end up with the stated dilution.