What's new

Chemical Costs

KleanRide

Reaction score
I'm now 9 months into operating a 7 bay SS rehab project and wondering if any of y'all would be willing to share your chemical costs as a percentage of sales.

I inherited a system running Supersat products combined with HPH powder and my total costs for soap, wax, pre soak, tire cleaner, triple foam, HPH and salt for spot free system are currently running at 5.9% of gross sales.

Honestly I haven't taken much time to learn the ins/outs of this soap system and I'm wondering if I'm in the game or if there's room for improvement.

Thanks for any insight you guys can provide.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Mine is about 4.5% on SS, but i use KR Soaptober for most of it

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You may be paying just a tad more than experienced operator that is willing to shop around and tweak. I doubt you will get under 4-5% as a retail customer using most lines. In addition, Blendco is a quality product. I went to help a friend yesterday at a wash he just took over and the chemical in there from a previous owner are crap. You're not going to have quality control issues with Blendco either.

KleanRide

Reaction score
Thanks Greg and Sooner - I'm lucky in that my soap outlet is local so neither of us has a shipping hassle. I may just approach them to see if I can get a slightly better deal and then call it done. My customers are very happy with the current soap/wash quality so probably no need to fix what ain't broke just to save a few bucks by switching lines.

MEP001

Reaction score
My chemical costs are under 2%. I mix products that work really well together, for example my tire cleaner is a liquid that by itself is mediocre and a powder that has no show, but together it looks really good and works really well.

water guy

Reaction score
My chemical costs are under 2%. I mix products that work really well together, for example my tire cleaner is a liquid that by itself is mediocre and a powder that has no show, but together it looks really good and works really well.
What brand of TC?