What's new

Chemical Brand Recognition

DiamondWash

Reaction score
When building an IBA menu sign(s) do you find it smart to have the brand of the chemicals you are using printed within the wash options?. I really like my current brand that I'm using but if I decide to change companies later and it's not Rain X or Rust-Oleum or Bob's kick-ass Ceramic Sealer wax from the moon, some customers are driven by brand names they have trusted from other applications currently or in the past. I'm considering not associating the wash options to that "Branding" philosophy, what do you think?

MC3033

Reaction score
I think some branded chems can actually hurt image. Customers knowing they can by the same brand at a Walmart isn’t always a good image. Personally I think rain x is well branded and has a professional feel but I’ve always felt the opposite about turtle wax

Having a professional looking menu and items that sound branded is better imo.

MEP001

Reaction score
I've done it in the self serve by labeling the trifoam as Simoniz, don't know if it helped or not.

washnvac

Reaction score
You could leave a small section of the menu unprinted; then use decals applied on the face. I do this with my pricing; they are removable vinyl. This way I can change prices without re-doing the whole sign. This may work for your chemical logo, as well.

Randy

Reaction score
99.9% of the customers who come to a self-serve car wash could care less what kind of soap your using or know what Turtle Wax is or what Simoniz is. Years ago I had a young lady ask me what kind of soap we used, I told her Turtle Wax. She said her dad told that Turtle Wax was a terrible product to use on your car and she left.

water guy

Reaction score
I have no signs but my customers definitely know my product because they pull that trigger.They get alot of product and it smells good and looks Good. That is good advertising for Me.

wyatt

Reaction score
I think I'm doing better on my IBA after putting Rain-X in the top option (logo on the menu board and a banner on the building). I think the up sell is very important because the margins on a $5 basic wash is completely different than a $10 wash. If I can get just a few more people to pick the top option it's worth it to me.

With that said I think Rain-X is the most prestigious brand and helps drive sales. All others may or may not make a difference. I've been trying Armor All lately and I'm not sure if it has made any difference.

Etowah